The Business Entity
Cisco’s marketing organization will lead the next evolution in customer experience through the promotion of Cisco products and solutions leveraging both on-line and off-line channels, and at the heart of it all will be the need for extraordinary content and “story-telling” as well as highly-effective content management.
The person in this role works with a highly-charged and dynamic content production team, collaborating with other internal content producers, both locally and around the globe. The task of this team is to create compelling, engaging and relevant content that can be applied to a wide variety of media types, including video, web, infographics, signage, blogs, and more.
Role & Responsibilities
This individual is responsible for a solid understanding of Cisco’s products, services and solutions (including market, trends and competition) related particularly to Financial Services, Healthcare, Retail and/or Manufacturing and the creation of content targeted to specific audiences relative to their care-abouts and needs. They are responsible to produce content as specified by the country-level Managing Editor.
- Active participation as part of the regional and global Industry content SME communities
- Active monitoring of available content as well as content under development both globally and in other countries
- Review of project documentation, messaging objectives, product and solution customer benefits
- Gathering of additional information, if needed, from other Industry SMEs and product/service owners to create integrated messaging
- Create content using templates and guidelines to adhere to brand, journeys, and targeted personas creative platform guidelines. This should include but not be limited to blogs, white papers, case studies, social posts, ebooks, infographics and videos
- Works with managing editor(s) to meet schedules for content development for country using approved workflows
- Work with local agencies for final creative and production
- Very strong, creative writing skills
- Bachelors degree in a marketing or communication field
- Strong inter-departmental collaboration skills
- Fluent in English, French an asset
- Strong product, service, customer, competitive and market knowledge
- Strong team-player
- Demonstrated writing ability and some level of ability to work with graphics and video, although a heavier dependence will be placed on the agency for actual production in these formats
- Ability to work within brand guidelines and creative platforms
- Strong understanding of content workflows, approvals and governance processes
- Eloqua and Content Management Platform experience a plus
The Internet of Everything is a phenomenon driving new opportunities for Cisco and it's transforming our customers' businesses worldwide. We are pioneers and have been since the early days of connectivity. Today, we are building teams that are expanding our technology solutions in the mobile, cloud, security, IT, and big data spaces, including software and consulting services. As Cisco delivers the network that powers the Internet, we are connecting the unconnected. Imagine creating unprecedented disruption. Your revolutionary ideas will impact everything from retail, healthcare, and entertainment, to public and private sectors, and far beyond. Collaborate with like-minded innovators in a fun and flexible culture that has earned Cisco global recognition as a Great Place To Work. With roughly 10 billion connected things in the world now and over 50 billion estimated in the future, your career has exponential possibilities at Cisco.