Our philosophy is and yours should be ‘people using our products come first’.
We're working to create marketing products that people want to use and words play a big part in that. Join the Trade and Marketing Division of the Ministry of Economic Development, Employment and Infrastructure where you will write, design, develop and produce marketing content, materials and products to market ministry programs and initiatives to target audiences through multiple content formats.
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role:
- you will create marketing products to market ministry programs and services using the written word, digital technologies, graphic design and other media
- you need to be user-focused and know how to write and create with a real-life person not a department in mind
Location: 900 Bay Street, Toronto, Ontario
How do I qualify?
Marketing and Communications Knowledge and Skills:
You are able to:
- create marketing content using a wide variety of media including written, digital, video, graphic design, etc.
- take complex language, concepts and processes and make them easy to understand
- clarify and communicate content objectives and bring a broader perspective to a topic so that it can focus on the right information for the user
Technical Knowledge and Skills:
You have proven experience:
- writing for the web and creating marketing content that is clear, accessible and usable
- developing marketing material in a variety of mediums and formats
- choosing the best format for communicating information to the user
- using existing content and repurposing it into alternate formats for additional uses
- implementing content marketing strategies
- using metrics and user feedback to define/refine content
- marketing in a B2B setting
Analytical and Evaluative Skills:
- analyze client needs and target audiences and recommend the most appropriate approach/medium/format, etc.
- plan and design user-focused content
- identify content gaps and overlaps and map out content strategies for different audiences using different formats
- work with a multi-disciplinary team to understand user behaviours and feedback and develop effective content
Salary range: $1,334.22 – $1,632.56 per week
Please apply online, by September 10, 2014, by visiting www.ontario.ca/careers and entering Job ID 68498 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application online. If you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code.