Accelerate your career as you help reinvent the value and impact of information for business everywhere. At EMC, we are leading customers on their journey to cloud computing by enabling them to store, manage, protect and analyze their information assets in a more agile, trusted and cost-effective way. If you are passionate about technology and want to be part of the information management revolution, join more than 50,000+ EMCers around the world who are leading the journey to the cloud.
The EMC Marketing team is responsible for marketing the company's exceptional product/services portfolio to customers and partners. As a member of the Marketing organization, you will be a part of a dynamic and innovative environment that is responsible for driving EMC's presence on the global stage.
EMC is looking for a strong, experienced account-based marketer to drive growth initiatives against a targeted set of accounts. The successful candidate will bring passion, ambition and an entrepreneurial spirit to the role and will have demonstrated a proven track record of success in driving account-based marketing results, preferably within the IT industry. The ideal account-based marketer has strong business development experience, a business oriented strategic marketing background, and strong analytical and presentation skills.
The Consultative Marketing Manager will work in partnership with multiple disciplines to drive visibility, engagement and demand in target accounts including global campaigns, digital and insight teams, corporate marketing, product/solution marketing, and partner marketing.
- Jointly develop account-based growth strategies in partnership with strategic sales on specific, prioritized accounts.
- Develop and execute a robust contact and persona management and engagement strategy for target accounts, inclusive of messaging aligned to customer objectives, the right mix of marketing tactics to engage the account and marketing support during and after the sales process.
- Develop, capture and encourage the development of innovative and creative programs to promote brand and relationships at the target accounts; take the lead on socializing and indoctrinating best practices across the team.
- Work with cross-functional teams across marketing to meet and exceed the account’s marketing plan objectives.
- Define and manage budget allocation for account based marketing programs.
- Articulate the specific needs of target accounts to Global Campaigns team in order to develop and execute relevant programs focused on strategic accounts.
- Partner with different Business Units to represent their specific messages in the account’s marketing plan.
- Ownership and accountability of KPIs and success measures to drive growth in the accounts. Gain buy-in for measurement models from key stakeholders.
- Measure, analyze and report on the impact of account based marketing plan on sales pipeline revenue (marketing sourced and influenced). Support the quarterly business review for accounts.
- Partner with Insight team to understand customer journey, behavior and trigger points and identify targets for specific marketing programs.
- Partner with Digital team to execute media, social and nurture programs.
- Partner with Partner Marketing to drive programs for partners within accounts.
- Develop and provide ongoing sales enablement to ensure alignment and consistency.
- Incorporate global initiatives and product launches that are relevant to the account into the marketing plan.
- Understand and keep up with IT industry trends that impact the enterprise segment.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- 8 to 10 years of progressive sales and/or marketing experience.
- Direct experience driving account based marketing programs.
- Likely background in a similar technology, software or solutions company.
- Previous sales experience a plus.
- Bachelors required.
- Laser focus on the customer and a deep understanding of the customer's business opportunities and challenges.
- Successful track record of developing and executing account based marketing programs, inclusive of executive level, customer facing marketing programs and internal strategic sales engagement.
- Proven ability to develop strong, executive level, outcomes oriented content and messaging mapped to specific personas.
- Demonstrated ability to work cross functionally and build deep relationships with core stakeholders.
- Ability to leverage data and insights in the development of marketing plans.
- Highly empowered, self starting personality essential.
- Influences others through their professional expertise.
- Strong project/program management skills with the ability to drive planning and ensure flawless execution.
- Understanding of inbound models and social media in demand creation.
- Strong understanding of budget management.
- Ability to translate business objectives into marketing goals and measurements.
- Strong operational command of the business, including metrics’ based goals and achievement approach – extending beyond demand generation metrics to include “next” marketing metrics around social and online activities.
- Ability to synthesize program results and effectively enable upstream feedback to campaign teams to influence development of future marketing programs.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strategic approach to problem-solving and proactive troubleshooting abilities.
- Extremely resourceful - leveraging all resources both internal and external to drive business performance.
Dynamic and diverse, in one of Canada's largest and robust cities, EMC offers excellent growth potential…in a downtown location surrounded by world class restaurants, sports and entertainment venues, and tourist attractions
When you choose EMC, you join a diverse world of innovative thought leaders. At our core is a commitment to workplace diversity, the sustainability of our planet, and community corporate involvement. We offer highly competitive salaries, bonus programs, world-class benefits, and unparalleled growth and development opportunities-all to create a compelling and rewarding work environment.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity employer that values the strength diversity brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants, regardless of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law, are strongly encouraged to apply.
Functional Area(s): Marketing & Communications
Requisition ID: 142129BR
Business Unit: 100 - EMC CORPORATE
Job Code: 503145 Princ Integrated Marketing Mgr