imagine1day is more than a charity. It’s a movement equipped with endless creative energy to make Ethiopia a prosperous nation. Not through aid, but by developing the future leaders of the world through education and our unique community driven fundraising model, Creatribution.
Making a difference just got different.
We’re seeking an ambitious and talented individual to join our team as imagine1day’s Community Leader.
You have a gift for storytelling and the web is your stage (you’re a master of digital content). You bring stories to life through the use of images, type, graphics and writing. You have a passion for visual and content design and you’re experienced in creating intuitive and beautiful interfaces that draw people in. As an integral part of imagine1day’s brand team, your contribution will elevate imagine1day’s brand story, visual identity, and community engagement to world class status. You are a stand for quality, beauty, and excellence. You are inspired by imagine1day’s vision of a world where all people are connected to their greatness. Let’s go!
- Develop original and compelling communications content (written & visual) for multiple applications, and in support of strategic brand objectives.
- Execute various components of imagine1day’s communications plan (including social media, e-blasts, onsite activations, etc.).
- Leverage and optimize imagine1day’s social channels as key platforms for community engagement. Own the design of content that works for different channels.
- Own the visual and written expression of imagine1day’s brand essence.
- Design content for imagine1day.org with a focus on user experience and flow. Work with imagine1day’s developer to implement web designs.
- Manage website updates, and make recommendations for upgrades to our platform and the user experience.
- Contribute to the design and implementation of supporter stewardship assets.
- Fulfill on creative service requests from a variety of Creatributions.
- Source and steward necessary support for executing our content strategy, including videographers, photographers, etc. Manage the output of these relationships, including quality assurance.
- Work with brief time frames for designs and multiple deliverables at a time.
- Actively contribute to a culture of innovation, excellence and accountability.
- Represent imagine1day at various community events (including Creatribution events).
- Ensure that all work is consistent with imagine1day brand standards and culture.
- Perform office administrative functions as necessary.
- You have a degree in design, communications, fine arts, or another related field.
- You have a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience.
- You possess in-depth knowledge of graphic design, creative process, brand development, and digital marketing. You have experience across a broad range of mediums including print, web, motion and interaction design.
- You’re totally at home in the digital space, including social strategies, technologies, platforms, services, and metrics. You’re experienced in Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, WordPress, and beyond.
- You are proficient with the Adobe Creative Suite, including Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- You have experience in video/other visual modes.
- You have experience in web design, with a basic understanding of front-end technologies, such as HTML, CSS, etc.
- You can efficiently and independently find resources (e.g. presets/filters/fonts) for designs.
- You can effortlessly move from concept to production, and you know how to draw what you need from others.
- You work cleanly and creatively with Word/Excel/Powerpoint when integrating visuals.
- You are a communication ace. You ask for clarity when needed, you leave nothing unsaid, and you see power in listening.
- You embrace constructive feedback as part of the design process, and you can clearly articulate your design decisions.
- You have a strong ability to prioritize work across engagements based on short and long-term needs.
- You’re familiar with basic internet marketing principles (SEO, CPC, etc.).