Do you scroll through Twitter over breakfast? Unabashedly snap photos of your daily adventures? Attend meetups for a fun evening out? We’re a fast-paced, online business seeking an equally nimble Community and Social Media Specialist to help grow our online audience, build brand awareness, and foster loyalty.
Based out of Liberty Village, Toronto, we are focused on developing online products that improve the lives of creative professionals. Our flagship product, Format.com, is an online portfolio platform that enables anyone to professionally showcase their body of work to peers, clients, employers and the world-at-large.
An integral part of the marketing team, the Community and Social Media Specialist will be responsible for managing all things social media, from social listening to advertising. Furthermore, they will act as the brand voice on all platforms, advise on best practices, and develop campaigns that drive following and engagement. The ideal candidate will have experience not only in crafting creative content but in performing data analysis and reporting on key insights and findings.
- Educational background in journalism, marketing, or communications.
- At least 4 years progressive experience in the digital marketing field.
- Strong understanding of social media platforms, including best practices, limitations, and metrics for each.
- Strong understanding of social media and Google Analytics.
- Highly analytical with the ability to draw sound conclusions from data and reports.
- Exceptional verbal communication and copywriting skills.
- Strong project management skills with a meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to champion and follow process.
- In depth knowledge of the ever-changing Internet landscape.
- Highly creative with an entrepreneurial attitude.
- Smart voice with a witty sense of humour.
- Interest in photography &/or experience as a photographer an asset.
- Bonus points for those with highly curated and engaged personal social accounts.
Create, curate, and manage content through social media editorial calendar, ensuring alignment with larger marketing department initiatives. Introduce innovative campaign ideas. Manage design team on asset development and delivery. Ability to hire and manage freelance photographers and videographers, when needed. Leverage insights to inform content direction.
Social media community management:
Manage brand social media channels, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr, Google+, YouTube, etc. Schedule content and respond to queries and customer feedback. Build brand visibility and thought leadership via social listening: identify communities to participate in, proactively participate in online conversations, find brand advocates, engage influencers, uncover content ideas and identify patterns and trends in consumer conversation. Coordinate online contests and promotions.
Online community management:
Increase brand awareness via organic participation in online forums and communities like LinkedIn, Reddit, Quora, and more.
Social media advertising:
Oversee budget for social media advertising. Manage design team on delivering assets.
Strategy, measurement and reporting:
Design and execute a communications strategy that accounts for reactionary, anticipated and planned messaging. Set quarterly and project-specific goals. Outline KPIs and proactively analyze performance of campaigns and initiatives. Prepare and submit bi-weekly social media and web activity reports. Use analytic tools to provide strategic insights and next steps. Conduct bi-yearly competitive analysis.
In-house social media expert:
Keep abreast of emerging social media trends, technologies and insights. Advise management on best practices.
Work with PR Manager on executing blogger initiatives. Onboard influencers to Format platform. Attend and support Format events on-site. Participate in marketing brainstorms and status meetings.
- We're proudly self-funded which allows us to focus on delivering amazing products to our community.
- We pay competitive salaries and have a flexible vacation policy.
- We offer benefits: extended health, dental, life, and disability.
- We frequently celebrate hitting milestones after work (or in the middle of the day if it’s sunny).
- Some of our in-office perks include: flexible office hours, a desk equipped with an Aeron chair and top-notch Apple gear, curating what music gets played over our office speakers, and drinking as much espresso as you need - our bean subscription is from Detour Coffee.