The Maple Ridge - Pitt Meadows School District (SD42) has an opening for a Communications Specialist, effective immediately. Reporting to the Senior Manager, Communications, the Communications Specialist is responsible for supporting public relations, media relations, strategic communications and general communications work in the school district. You participate in the development and implementation of district communication plans and initiatives to promote district programs, services, events and accomplishments. You also support the senior manager and step into the acting role as necessary. View the complete job description at https://bit.ly/2GecL9j
The applicant will possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or related field from a recognized institution.
- Experience in multi-platform writing and editing for diverse audiences, combined with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat Pro) in a MacOS environment.
- Familiarity with content management systems.
- Good understanding of communications and community engagement practices.
- Solid organizational and problem solving skills, and multitasking abilities.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement, tact and diplomacy in processing sensitive and/or confidential matters, as well as to remain calm in a crisis and to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
This is a full-time permanent position inclusive of a comprehensive benefits package.
The salary range for this position is $59,594 to $70,110 per annum.
To apply, please visit https://bit.ly/34Na601. This posting will close on November 11, 2020.
The district appreciates the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
For more information about our School District please visit: http://www.sd42.ca/our-district/
Our staff members are the foundation of our system. When you join our school district, you become part of a talented community of educators and support staff dedicated to enriching the lives of all students and helping them achieve success.
Perfect your job application with VisualCV so you can get hired faster!