One (1) year temporary position.
Each day, some of the industry's most creative minds come to work for a world leader in public broadcasting that fuels the Canadian dream at home and abroad.
As Manager, Communications, Partnerships, Marketing & Brand, you will provide innovative marketing and relationship management strategies and campaigns to help CBC Ottawa reach and connect with the public it serves. Reporting directly to the Director of Communications, Partnerships, Marketing and Brand for CBC Centres, you will be a senior leader in helping CBC grow in the Ottawa market and support CBC network locally and help the local Centre team meet and exceed their strategic programming, community outreach and business objectives.
Your confidence and skill in managing the local team will be a constant source of inspiration and motivation to succeed. As a team player both within the national Centre team and the local team, your leadership will be valued. In your role, you will be responsible for the development and execution of a Centre plan that identifies key marketing, advertising, presentation and image strategies and tactics that support the overall direction, priorities and programming needs which in turn will grow audience in the local market.
Your core responsibility will be to deliver high quality comprehensive Marketing communications services via an account management structure. You will provide strategic and innovative ideas and thinking in a challenging and diverse environment, as well as excellent marketing and promotional solutions. In addition, you will cultivate partnerships with key community organizations and businesses that pertain to the CBC and regional priorities. Your excellent writing and presentation skills along with the ability and skill to navigate social marketing and other innovative marketing methods, will contribute to audience growth in this market. Working with your team and clients, you will build social media strategies.
We're looking for candidates with the following:
- Post-secondary education in Communications, Marketing/Advertising or related discipline.
- Knowledge of the Ottawa market and CBC programming.
- Established relationships with key community organizations and businesses.
- Minimum 5 years experience delivering professional integrated communications services to business partners. Relevant experience must include communications planning; strategic account management including brand management, issues management, marketing, publicity, public relations and advertising.
- Demonstrable skill in developing key relationships and partnership opportunities
- Bilingualism an asset.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Experience in management of financial resources.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and superior ability and skill to build relationships both externally and internally.
- Ability to multi-task and handle complex and concurrent issues and projects
- Able to function well and direct others under pressure and in crisis management situations.
- Ability to travel on occasion as well as work long and/or irregular hours, including evenings and weekends, as per project requirements.
CBC/Radio-Canada is Canada's national public broadcaster and one of its largest cultural institutions. CBC/Radio-Canada brings diverse regional and cultural perspectives into the daily lives of Canadians in English, French and eight Aboriginal languages
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to reflecting the country's diversity within its workforce and encourages applications from people of any wealth of cultures, linguistic and ethnocultural communities, gender, sexual orientations, ages, religions and those with different abilities.