St. Joseph’s Health Centre Foundation is an innovative fundraising organization committed to connecting with our west end community and supporting St. Joseph’s Health Centre’s Promise to look after the unique health needs of this wonderful community of half a million.
We have grown in recent years to be a leading community hospital foundation with a strong and engaged board of directors. In June, we announced reaching a milestone of $100M raised in our Promise campaign. We are looking for up to two new members of our team to work closely with our neighbours in support of St. Joe’s. Gifts to the Foundation help the Health Centre create new spaces, modernize facilities and buy new equipment.
Ideally we’re looking for someone from the west end or with roots here, someone who is looking to use their digital skills and experience to make a difference in the world by working for an organization that is close to home and ideally close to their heart.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic, energetic team player who wants to work as part of a dynamic team focused on connecting with and attracting support from our patients, neighbours and friends in our west end community.
The Digital Strategist and Communications Officer is a key member of the St. Joseph’s Health Centre Foundation team. This person has a positive attitude and enjoys learning new skills. S/he thrives in a dynamic atmosphere and working on a range of projects.
S/he reports to the Director of Communications to implement the digital marketing and communications strategy. S/he also works with the full Foundation team, the Health Centre and the Foundation’s suppliers. S/he actively supports the Foundation’s events, annual, major gift and planned giving programs.
Manage the Foundation’s digital communications: provide strategic input, write and source content using best practices, implement and analyzeresults for ongoing improvement
Develop engaging social media content (paid and organic) to build relationships and drive conversions
Manage the Foundation’s website: update and create new content
Manage the Foundation’s online consumer relation management system: create donation forms, build event pages, send e-blasts, build surveys
Design small projects such as sponsorship presentations, invitations, flyers
Write content for the website, monthly e-newsletter, social media
Take photos and shoot/edit short digital video clips
- Passion for healthcare and helping to improve the west-end community
- University or college degree in public relations, marketing or communications
- Three+ years of related digital experience – agency or non-profit experience preferable
- Experience building, designing and revising webpages required
- Proficiency on key social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter)
- Proven ability in understanding and levering analytics and other digital tools to identify trends, set goals, report on performance and modify content
- Strong written communication skills with exceptional attention to grammar and spelling
- Familiarity with Powerpoint or Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign or Illustrator) required
- Familiarity with digital tools (Hootsuite) and advertising tools a must
- Experience with Blackbaud’s Luminate an asset
- Experience with video editing software (Sony Vegas, Adobe Premiere Pro) an asset
- Interest in photography (using a DSL camera) an asset
- Must be available to work occasional evenings and weekends for fundraising and donor events