The Communications Officer requires a highly developed set of communication skills that provide the necessary foundation to accomplish a host of tasks focused on improving internal and external communications.
- Research and development of articles, speeches, statements and background documents to customer requirements ensuring that satisfaction is maintained at the highest level by planning and implementing requirements on a day-to-day basis;
- Development and production of a wide range of high-quality communication mediums including newsletters, briefing notes, fact sheets, videos, multimedia, electronic, display and other information materials;
- Provision of communications and staff presentation support to the executives, management and established committees in addition to a wide variety of other internal customers and programs;
- Development and maintenance of up to date content on CNL activities for publication on CNL's internal and external websites;
- Identification and coordination of internal/ external opportunities to promote employee and business successes;
- Provision of communications assistance for the employee aspects of public consultation programs;
- Coordination and management of various aspects of a communications program involving an extensive range of media and facilities;
- Assessment of the effectiveness of developed communications materials;
- Ability to work well under pressure and effectively manage priorities to successfully meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to work effectively within the Corporate Communications team to identify communication gaps and then develop approved strategies to address;
- Awareness of corporate policy and procedures, and political sensitivities;
- Provision of support to crisis communications programs by having a key role in internal and external communications activities;
- Perform as a member of the Emergency Operation Centre in the capacity of Emergency Information Officer; and
- Undertake additional requests for assistance, as required.
- A university degree/college diploma in Communications, Public Relations and/or Journalism plus a minimum of four years comprehensive work experience in a professional communications environment;
- A thorough knowledge of the English language, including composition, grammar, terminology, writing style and approach in preparing a variety of effective, well-written, high-quality information materials and reports. Expertise in writing original information material in general terms on complex and technical subjects with a high degree of accuracy in content is required (The ability to communicate (orally and in the written form) in French is a asset.);
- Must possess a sound knowledge of computers with the ability to understand, use, apply, combine and adapt to a variety of software. In particular, must have a high working level knowledge of MS-Outlook, MS Office Suite, and Adobe Creative Suite products.
- Working experience in communications management of high visibility issues and the ability to develop strategies that will address employee concerns;
- Demonstrated ability in communications planning, media relations and public relations, research, writing, editing and computer skills;
- Demonstrated excellent organization and execution skills;
- Demonstrated interpersonal, communication, negotiation and presentation skills - must possess a professional attitude and be able to behave in a professional manner gauged to the situation;
- Knowledge and experience in the production of high-quality internal and external communication mediums (newsletters, websites etc.);
- Strong priority management and project management skills;
- Superior ability to manage multiple projects with diverse requirements and various suppliers combined with an ability to work well with all levels of the organization and set of diverse stakeholders;
- Working knowledge of design, printing, video and film production, electronic media production, display production, public opinion research and advertising;
- Demonstrated strong work ethic, sound judgment, tact and diplomacy;
- Ability to work effectively within the Corporate Communications team, but at times independently, or in cross-functional teams;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, meet tight deadlines and work under pressure; and
- Flexibility to travel and work extended hours.
This job has expired or been closed by the employer, please visit our home page