Communications Officer - Design full-time
Reporting to the Manager of Communications, the Communications Officer - Design is a key member of the Office of Communications. The Office is comprised of dynamic individuals who share a commitment to strong visual identity and to working together to develop appropriate solutions to marketing challenges. In addition to producing official university publications, this position is responsible for photography, visual identity, and the design of digital communication channels.
- Writing, editing, designing, and producing a wide range of promotional materials including publications, advertisements and displays/exhibits
- Effectively communicating UNBC’s image to a wide audience including prospective students, donors, government representatives and the general public
- Liaising with faculty, staff and students to produce promotional materials that effectively communicate information to various target markets
- Participating in the design of University web pages and multimedia presentations
- Ensuring the correct usage of the UNBC logo and other aspects of the University’s identity in all applications
- Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate will have an undergraduate degree in addition to a minimum of 2 years of relevant experience. An equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
You must have high levels of proficiency with Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator. Experience in photography and designing for the web would be considered an asset. Creativity and a strong vision of the role of design in university promotion are essential. In addition, candidates must possess strong interpersonal skills, excellent writing skills and commitment to being a team player.
Normal hours of work will be 8:30 am – 4:30 pm Monday through Friday.