UNIVERSITY OF WINDSOR
NOTICE OF VACANCY
C.U.P.E. LOCAL 1393
POSITION TITLE: Communications & Marketing Coordinator
CLASSIFICATION/ Classification “VI” per Schedule A of the collective agreement
RATE OF PAY:
DEPARTMENT: Faculty of Law
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Communications and Marketing Coordinator at the Faculty of Law enhances stakeholder awareness of the research, educational and fundraising priorities of the Faculty of Law by assisting in the development and execution of a comprehensive communication/marketing vision and strategy for the Faculty. This includes publicizing the Faculty of Law through various media and social media outlets, developing, and coordinating print and digital publications, email marketing campaigns, and enhancing the website and online presence in support of faculty promotion, alumni/donor recognition, student, and recruitment initiatives.
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field such as Communications, Marketing or Law.
- Three (3) years’ professional experience in media relations, public relations, alumni affairs, recruitment, or communications.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing communication/marketing plans including the creation of content for a variety of media options (print, web, email, social media).
- Experience in producing a variety of communication and marketing vehicles aimed at various internal and external audiences.
- Experience in web design and maintenance
- Demonstrated experience developing marketing strategies, media placement and publication execution.
- Proficiency with videography and photography
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including exceptional writing skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with an ability to work effectively with stakeholders
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Ability to cope with a demanding workload while adhering to deadlines.
- Ability to learn and adapt to new technologies, tools, and processes.
- Travel and participation in off-campus activities will be required
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Demonstrated commitment and success in working to create a fair, inclusive, anti-racist environment, and to supporting diverse constituencies and populations
- Competency with commonly used internet, communication and related computer applications including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook, One Drive and Excel
- Experience in dealing with Law faculty, students, and programs
- Experience using University of Windsor IT systems and applications, including Drupal, Outlook, Adobe, Wordpress etc.
Perfect your job application with VisualCV so you can get hired faster!