Communications Manager, Digital Marketing (English Services) - TOR04852
Primary Location Toronto
Deadline Date Apr 12, 2015
Status of Employment Permanent, Full-time
What it’s like working at CBC/Radio-Canada
Whether on-air or behind the scenes, here you join a team that thrives on making the connections and telling the stories that are important to Canadians. So, if you’ve got the ability to keep up with the pace of our ever-changing industry, the passion to make the next great idea even better and the drive to make things happen, this is the place for you.
Initiates, creates, plans, produces and implements digital marketing strategies in support of CBC content with a focus on network digital objectives. Ensures the delivery of high quality strategic and comprehensive communications services, via an account management structure. Assists the Director Digital Marketing in setting strategic direction, objectives and tactical executions for the Digital Marketing team within Communications. Work must conform to, and respect CBC program and journalistic policies, standards and practices, as well as the ethics related to advertising standards. There is a requirement for initiative, creativity and sound strategic thinking, but an important requirement to demonstrate judgment and consistency.
- Develops and leads through to completion specific communications plans and strategies for digital marketing, anticipates future client requirements and determines appropriate action. Ensures that the implementation and management of plans support priorities
- Collaborates cross-departmentally and externally to align strategies and ensure the delivery of the quality and volume of end-to-end product and service to meet and exceed defined objectives
- Manages media sponsorship, partnerships, related deliverables and post reports for the accounts delegated, as required
- Provides direction to Senior Communications Officer(s) in order to achieve desired results. Supervises staff provided. Advises, guides, and assesses performance. Participates in discipline when required.
- Coaches and provides advice on tactics and delivery of communications marketing plans for specific content
- Plans, forecasts, monitors and administers assigned digital marketing budget(s)
- As required, researches information regarding special projects, new initiatives and administrative matters
- Develops strategic plan and leads the execution of a “CBC Digital” industry-facing marketing strategy including event, sponsorship, and appearance management
- Working independently or as part of a team, may be required to coordinate and execute major internal and external functions including internal and off-site events and presentations on behalf of CBC / digital marketing initiatives
- Liaisons with external clients, agencies and trade media to build relationships, successfully execute projects and enhance the CBC brand within digital marketing sector
- Integrate cross-functionally with marketing steam to enhance digital marketing/media initiatives
- Identifies, explores and creates new partnership activities
- Streamline all marketing executions and manage campaigns from ideation to completion
- Develop and implement marketing strategies and campaigns against identified content including Apps, digital exclusive or digital-first content, content on partner or external channels
- Required to work outside of regular work hours including weekends, as necessary
- Ability to travel as required
- Position requires post-secondary education in Communications, Business Management, or related discipline(s)
- Minimum three years of experience delivering professional integrated communications services that demonstrates developing and executing a wide range of communications and marketing materials,
- Superior interpersonal and organizational skills, and the ability to work under the pressure of handling multiple concurrent projects and deadlines.
- Relevant experience must include experience working in / with a client / agency environment; knowledge and experience working within Canadian marketing sector; experience working with and leading external vendors, suppliers and event teams; Communications planning, strategic account management including issues and brand management, Broadcasting/Advertising, Marketing, Publicity, Public Relations, Internal and External Relations
- Demonstrated creative and strategic thinking, with superior writing and editing skills Active, highly skilled (as required) and highly familiar with multiple digital platforms and on-line communications tools such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Conversocial, Hootsuite, Expression Engine, YouTube, etc.
- Familiarity with digital marketing industry standards and best practices
- Experience in managing human and financial resources
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully independently, as a project manager lead, or as a collaborative member of a team or cross-departmental team(s)
- Superior interpersonal skills and the ability to navigate the complexities of established, new and emerging digital platforms and products
- Demonstrated ability to:
- Identify research, marketing and communications requirements with programming direction
- Identify current and future issues and provide creative approaches to meet business objectives
- Create innovative comprehensive communications strategies to leverage results
- Create ways to effectively stretch and utilize resources
- Develop marketing and communications plans from client vision or objectives
- Provide direction and execution guidelines for creative teams, specialist communications groups, etc.
- Develop, write and present comprehensive, integrated communications plans
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to reflecting our country’s diversity.
In becoming the leader in expressing Canadian culture and enriching democratic life, we need to be as diverse in every way as the country we serve, both within our workforce and on air. As an employer, we value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada's public broadcaster.
For more information, visit the Talent and Diversity section of our corporate website.
If this sounds interesting, please apply online! We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.