The Communications Coordinator is responsible for overseeing a wide range of communication and marketing processes and projects. The Communications Coordinator interacts with other departments to ensure that any marketing collateral, online content, administrative collateral, advertising, etc. corresponds with the brand guidelines of the college.
Technical Skills Required:
- Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat Pro.
- Google Analytics
- MS Office Suite
- Content development, including written and graphic design, for online platforms such as website, social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Snapchat), online advertising, alumni success stores, email marketing campaigns, etc.
- Content development, including written and graphic design, for any marketing and/or print collateral for example school brochure, posters, advertisements, signage, etc.
- Monitor and manage Facebook advertising reports and bugets and Google Adwords reports and analyze results for strategy development
- Assist Registrar in marketing strategy development and coordinate additional (digital) marketing projects as necessary with external digital marketing team
- Monitor and manage CMU website for regular content updates including CMU News/Blog, program start dates, events, industry seminars, image galleries,
- Create additional website material as needed, for example designing landing pages, creating signup/contact forms, new program pages, etc.
- Coordinate website projects with external web developer as necessary
- Design, layout and updates to school textbooks
- Manage and create branded marketing and administrative collateral and faciliate all printing for the college including advertisements, posters, images, application forms, contracts, textbooks, diplomas, envelopes, etc.
- Provide design direction if necessary to Kryolan Makeup Store marketing collateral and email campaigns
- Coordinate prospective interviews with alumni, industry professionals and instructors
- Oversee coordination of industry seminars with graduates, makeup companies, industry professionals, etc. and external workshops
- Provide individual and group tours of the school for prospective students and high school classes
- Promote existing and new programs through online, print and other outlets and maintain digital (e)mailing lists
- Perform continuous research of industry related topics, news, events, graduate success, film productions, etc.
- Maintain digital database of alumni work and successes
- Maintain digital database of student photoshoot images, event images, industry seminars, workshops, off-site events (IMATS, Student Life Expo, MAC Cosmetics Workshops) etc.
- Maintain storage of printed administrative and marketing collateral, textbooks, reference magazines, posters, etc. and any other collateral or documents as required
- Oversee coordination of CMU Job Board for alumni and facilitate screening, coordination and sending out of job postings and requests
- Assist with other marketing and communications duties as necessary