Summary of Position:
The Communications Coordinator is responsible for overseeing a wide range of communication and marketing processes and projects. The Coordinator interacts with all departments to ensure that the collateral and other communications reflect the brand of the Association accurately. The individual working in this position will perform a range of administrative and communication support duties related to the daily operations of the Membership, Marketing and Communications Department.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Overseeing design and content of Website, and working with the IT department to introduce enhancements.
- Managing social media activities, including LinkedIn and Twitter.
- Compiling, editing and distributing e-newsletter.
- Writing content for, editing, designing and layout of member magazine.
- Writing speeches for Institute staff and volunteers.
- Development of print or electronic ads and email communications based on discussion with Director, Membership and Marketing.
- Writing promotional content for a wide range of mediums and audiences.
Generating media coverage of Association activities and supply chain management by pitching newsworthy stories to media outlets.
Writing press releases and backgrounders.
Building and maintaining connections with a roster of spokespeople.
The Communications Coordinator will be required to assist with other SCMAO projects and initiatives.