Canadian Kraft Paper Industries Limited offers a work environment that promotes diversity, embraces change, and encourages continuous growth and development for every team member. We offer a workplace where everyone plays an essential role in our success and where individual efforts are acknowledged. If you thrive in a dynamic and challenging environment, we want you to be a part of our Team!
We encourage innovation, growth and change in an open environment, and we believe in and practice sustainable forest management.
POSITION OVERVIEW: Reporting to the Human Resources Team Lead and working closely with all the departments, the incumbent will primarily be responsible for creating and distributing consistent internal and external communications through various mediums for Canadian Kraft Paper. The Communications Coordinator will develop a Standardized Communications Guideline Manual for the organization ensuring all Legislated Regulatory obligations remain current and standardization is maintained throughout the organization.
- Develop, monitor and maintain all online communications (social media, website, etc.);
- Prepare internal documents such as announcements, bulletins, employee newsletters and various reports as required;
- Proactively research communication pieces, such as relevant newsworthy articles for external publication;
- Prepare external communication pieces for publications, such as newspaper and magazine articles, social media releases, etc.
- Work with senior leadership team to develop CKP strategic messaging;
- Ensure the quality, accuracy and layout of all communication documents remain consistent in message delivery;
- Identify audiences and utilize appropriate mediums to communicate with target group;
- Develop communication templates for Canadian Kraft Paper, ensuring that all communication has standard formatting;
- Assist with employee and community engagement activities;
- Assist with company branding initiatives to further develop CKP’s brand awareness; ensuring all communications reflect appropriate branding for maximum impact.
- Post-Secondary Business Program with a focus in Communications & Marketing with 3-5 years’ experience of direct work experience in a communications role;
- Excellent understanding of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Publisher) and other software programs used to publish and maintain social media/web-based communications;
- Ability to effectively communicate in both verbal and written format; with exceptional attention to punctuation, grammar and formatting;
- Well-developed interpersonal skills that allows one to work effectively in a diverse environment;
- Ability to work individually as well as part of a team;
- Ability to prioritize and manage conflicting demands;
- High level of integrity and work ethic;
- Ability to absorb new ideas and concepts quickly and remain current with changing technology, etc.
- Effective project management, prioritization and time management skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
Canadian Kraft Paper offers competitive wages and a group benefits package that helps takes care of you and your family; including health, dental, life and AD&D insurance. Providing a company sponsored pension plan, is another way that we assist our employees prepare for their future. Canadian Kraft Paper understands that what defines a person is more than just their career. At CKP we support a work/life balance, so that you can live the life that makes you……YOU!
LIVING IN THE PAS:
The Pas is one of the oldest and most striking settlements in Northern Manitoba. It is truly a place to call home for those that love the outdoors with an abundance of activities such as skiing, hiking, ATV and skidoo trails, camping, boating, hunting and fishing. In Manitoba, these are at their finest! Boasting one of the three true blue lakes in existence, Clearwater Lake’s raw, natural beauty attracts visitors from around the world.
Learn more from the website at www.townofthepas.com about the wonders of The Pas, where the Northern Lights shine year-round.