Business as we know it has changed. We're excited to be part of this change. From a smartphone, you have endless possibilities. Running a business, connecting with others or booking an appointment for their next service appointment is one tap away.
We're excited to be part of the digital marketing revolution. But, unfortunately, many business owners are reluctantly embracing or outright rejecting this new normal. That's where we come in to help! And we're looking for some fantastic people to come along for the ride.
Our growing business' home base is in Ottawa, Ontario. But it's 2021, and that doesn't matter.
Our service-based clients operate across Canada and the United States, and as long as you live in Canada, we're good with that! Our current team lives across four different provinces.
As creative director, you'll help lead our art direction efforts, including concept design, website UX, concept development and managing our creative team. You’ll also work directly with clients.
And we believe the things we do will change their world! How cool is that? But honestly, the job is not all roses and puppy dogs — there is some good news, and there is some bad news.
Let's get the bad news out of the way first:
- It's going to be work. The world of digital marketing is constantly changing, and we expect that you are knowledgeable in WordPress & responsive web design, all major social platforms, video, e-commerce and email marketing.
Now let's talk about the good stuff:
- About two-thirds of our staff work remotely and will continue to do so in "normal times." So we're all set up to run our business from anywhere. It's just how we roll. We do video check-ins daily over Google Meet and connect back and forth via some other fun tools.
- The work is fun, fresh and dynamic. You will be working directly for our founder and with some brilliant people who are just as passionate about digital marketing.
- We aren't big on stress. So, while we will expect you to work efficiently and get things done, we focus on open communication and getting things done right the first go around.
- You will experience, do, and decide on things that no big stuffy company would ever allow you to do. You will be able to dictate the work that you do.
- We're always bringing on new clients, so you will get to work with unique, successful business owners from across North America!
- Always Be Learning is one of our core values. Our industry is ever-changing. We encourage staff to take time to learn and will even pay for your training.
- We're family-friendly. We rarely ask people to work overtime or work weekends.
- We want you to be part of our success. For any new work you bring our way, we'll provide a commission.
Now, let's talk about the job requirements. We're looking for a creative director with passion. Someone with both a graphic design background and project management skills and at least six years of experience in online marketing or related work.
- You need to be the type of person who gets joy out of getting things done. Every day, you will bang out a list of stuff. Fun stuff. Important stuff. Necessary stuff. For multiple clients and multiple team members.
- Previous experience in a similar role is necessary.
- At least six years of experience working with B2B and B2C clients.
- Experience working with remote teams.
- Experience working with and hiring illustrators, videographers and designers.
- Solid understanding of UX, WordPress, Social Media and comfortable working with Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe XD or Figma and if necessary Canva (or similar tool) to help the social team.
- Must have an existing portfolio of work.
- You need to be a person who loves to deliver remarkable experiences to other people.
- We want you to be meticulous in your work. We are looking for a good, fun person who gets stuff done.
In short, your job is to help our clients grow their businesses using the EnvisionUP principles. We have an unreal team that likes to have fun at work (who wants a job that isn't fun?!?). Our work culture is casual, but we do expect professionalism and punctuality.
On any given day, you can expect to do things like:
- Planning and prioritizing work queues for the next week.
- Working directly with clients around strategy or presenting a concept.
- Providing input to the team on creative designs and promos.
- Assigning tasks and following up with other team members around social media tasks, design, conceptual reviews and more.
- Creating or editing graphic designs.
- Doing minor website edits with WordPress on a website.
If this is a job that gets you so excited that you would even do it for free, we would totally accept that offer from you. But suppose you prefer compensation (and we get it—we like getting paid as well). In that case, this is what we offer: This is a full-time position. There is no need to come to our office, but you will participate via video calls (and when the world gets back to normal, we'll meet you in person!).
In addition to being a detailed person, you must follow systems and processes. To show off that you are detail-oriented and follow procedures, include "I am ready to grow with EnvisionUP!" in the subject line or your cover letter when applying. Yep, that's our way to sort out the people who blanket send their resume to anyone and everyone, from the folks (that's you) who are genuinely interested in this position.
We are looking to bring our new team member on board as soon as possible. Still, we will spend the necessary time to find the best fit both in abilities and culturally. One thing that will give you a BIG leg up (but is optional) is to send a quick video along with your resume and portfolio. In your video, tell us why you think you're perfect for this job and why you will rock this position. We would love to get a sense of your personality. And if you decide not to send a video (that's ok), please tell us why.
To Apply: Please provide us with a link to your portfolio, along with a resume and cover letter.
We can't wait to meet you!!!
Perfect your job application with VisualCV so you can get hired faster!