The Professional Institute of the Public Service of Canada is a national union representing some 60,000 professionals and scientists throughout Canada.
The Professional Institute of the Public Service of Canada, a national union representing some 60,000 professionals and scientists throughout Canada, requires a bilingual Communications Coordinator in the Communications Section, for its National Office.
Under the supervision of the Section Head, Communications, the Communications Coordinator is responsible for providing design and production support for the Section. Major responsibilities include:
- participating in coordinating the preparation, layout, design, production and distribution of the Institute's news magazine;
- creating and manipulating images, logos, print, and web graphics using desk top publishing software including the design of brochures, invitations, announcements, and advertisements;
- taking photographs at Institute functions / events / activities and preparing appropriate copy to accompany photographs for publication in printed materials and the web site;
- participating in the production of the Institute=s print publications and campaigns including researching costs, liaising with suppliers, developing and meeting / enforcing production schedules, completing purchase orders, and reviewing printers= proofs;
- assisting in the organization of public relations activities, Institute Award Programs and other events and setting up kiosks and producing materials;
- assisting in the preparation and execution of campaigns including formatting and proofreading, creating mock-ups, designing the lay-out of advertisements, and evaluating campaigns; and
- participating in multi-disciplinary teams assigned to special projects and work collaboratively with staff, elected officials and others.
The successful bilingual candidate will have completed a relevant one year community college program and possess two years of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience. The Communications Coordinator has highly advanced computer skills including desktop publishing software, work processing and communication tools. The incumbent has the ability to work independently, completing assignments without constant supervision and to look for ways to achieve greater results or add value. The Communications Coordinator also has effective communications skills to present appropriate information in a clear and concise manner, both orally and in writing and by supporting messages with relevant data, information and examples. Further, the candidate has the ability to respond to shifting priorities and change style and respond with new approaches as needed to meet team goals.
$49,353 to $61,692