Variety is the spice of life and we invite you to our table! We invite you to explore the opportunity to work with our team – vibrant, business-minded go-getters who are enthusiastic about diversity, positive change and sustainability.
What makes us a premium association is our ability to attract organizations from all industries regardless of their size. In the role of Communications at the Burnaby Board of Trade, you will leverage various channels to design, create and deliver integrated communications campaigns (including direct mail, e-marketing, collateral, social media and paid media), directed at members and potential members.
By demonstrating a commitment to the Mission, Vision and Values that guide us as an organization, you will promote us and maintain our respected reputation of being one of the fastest growing Boards of Trade in Canada.
Responsibilities and Expectations of the Role
- Coordinate advertorial development
- Create/manage mail-outs of newsletters and promotional flyers
- Create, manage and coordinate ad placement
NEWSLETTER, MEMBER DIRECTORY AND COMMUNICATIONS
- Design and create newsletter and weekly news reports
- Oversee art direction and manage development of member directory content
- Coordinate special projects/tasks as required (design advertising collateral, coordinate event-related communication, write reports/advisories, promote initiative)
- Manage communications assets (photos, logos, graphic design files, fonts/stock imagery)
- Manage Social Media
- Manage assembly of weekly E-newsletter
- Design and create Sales and Marketing collateral
- Develop collateral promoting the economic viability of the region
- Coordinate and liaise with communications suppliers (e.g. mail-out, photographers, printers)
ADMINISTRATIVE AND MISCELLANEOUS
- Write and distribute minutes
- Consult/advise on new website development
- Undertake other related duties as required by the President/CEO
Required Skills & Competencies
- Comprehensive communications skills; proven capabilities in business writing and good interpersonal skills
- Superior ability to multitask and calmly deal with changing priorities in a fluid, fast-paced environment
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and attention to detail with high standards for quality
- Proficient with Adobe Indesign and HTML
- Proficient using open source web content management systems
- Comfortable using both PC and Mac systems
Required Education & Experience
- Minimum of three years experience in a communications role
- University education in communications, public relations or marketing
- Comprehensive experience designing, creating and writing advertorials, editorials and newsletter content
- Demonstrated ability to creatively design sales, marketing and promotional materials such as written collateral, media materials, presentations, etc.