Each day, some of the industry’s most creative minds come to work for a world leader in public broadcasting that fuels the Canadian dream at home and abroad.
As a Communications & Marketing Manager you will develop integrated long-term communications strategies to drive audience in accordance with CBC programming strategy, and ensure the delivery of comprehensive and qualitative communications & marketing services for CBC Radio & Audio programming.
You will provide communications consulting services to internal clients by identifying, analyzing and addressing communications and marketing needs to meet client business objectives. Using a communication management structure and employing virtual specialist teams, the Communications & Marketing Manager will set the direction of the marketing, advertising, presentation and image for assigned accounts, and participate in the development and implementation of English Communications, Marketing & Brand's annual and strategic planning, research and brand management. You will be responsible for the full range of service to the client including Communications Planning, Brand and Issues Management, Research, Marketing, Advertising, Promotion, Publicity, Internal & External Relations; and Budgeting in collaboration with internal Communications specialists.
We're looking for candidates with the following profile:
- Post-secondary education in Communications, Marketing, or related discipline.
- Minimum five years experience delivering professional integrated communications services to business partners in the following areas: communications planning; strategic account management including issues and brand management, marketing, publicity, public relations, internal and external relations.
- Solid understanding of the broadcasting industry, CBC programming, competitors' activities and operations, and ability to gain a solid understanding of various CBC departmental activities in order to facilitate cross-promotion and integrated new media and digital Communications strategies.
- Knowledge of arts, information and current affairs programing on Canadian radio is an important asset.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of marketing in the digital and social media space.
CBC/Radio-Canada is Canada’s national public broadcaster and one of its largest cultural institutions. CBC/Radio-Canada brings diverse regional and cultural perspectives into the daily lives of Canadians in English, French and eight Aboriginal languages.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to reflecting the country’s diversity within its workforce and encourages applications from people of any wealth of cultures, linguistic and ethnocultural communities, gender, sexual orientations, ages, religions and those with different abilities.
If this sounds interesting, we want to hear from you! We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.