Communications Advisor- 3 Month Contract
Purpose of the Job:
At Meridian we are here to help grow the lives of our Members (Our Story) and we will do so by delivering on our Blueprint for Growth (Meridian’s strategy).
This exciting and diverse role provides internal, day-to-day communications advice, counsel and support to Meridian’s internal business partners (People Services, Finance, IT, Marketing and Delivery, Digital, Risk and Legal).
The successful candidate assists in the development and implementation of communication plans and tactics that positively influence and impact key Meridian stakeholders, help advance business objectives that align to our Blueprint for Growth, ultimately helping grow the lives of our Members.
- Responds appropriately to specific organizational needs by developing and executing communication plans that support business objectives.
- Measures the effectiveness of implemented communications plans
- Provides strategic communications counsel, planning, support and advice to internal business partners.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with all internal business partners.
Writing & Editing
- Develops briefings, presentations and other communication tools to support employee understanding of business/strategic objectives.
- Writes a variety of communications for internal audiences using diverse communication channels that include face-to-face, Mnet, online newsletters, graphic design pieces and e-mail.
- Edit various internal communications.
- Provides support and coordination for production and distribution of corporate communications vehicles
- Co-ordinates production and distribution of manager and employee all internal/external communications as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Experience developing, implementing and measuring communication plans.
Excellent communications skills, written and verbal.
Excellent proofreading/copy editing skills with attention to details.
Knowledge of publications/print/electronic production process.
Ability and willingness to take initiative and demonstrate leadership skills.
Ability to work with minimal supervision and as part of a team.
Excellent computer skills including MS Word (PC), MS Outlook and PowerPoint
Education, Designations, Training, and Experience:
5-7 years related experience.
Degree from a Communications/Public Relations Program, or equivalent combination, diploma and related experience.
Member Focus - Personally demonstrating that our Members are our highest priority.
Proactive - Seize the initiative by anticipating needs and identifying opportunities to provide a higher level of service.
Open Communication - Engaging in honest and transparent dialogue to develop mutual understanding, trust and cultivate deeper relationships.
Business Savvy - Continuously acquiring the knowledge needed to do one’s job to the fullest, using internal or external resources and applying the knowledge productively.
Partner Orientation - Initiates opportunities for collaboration and maintains productive relationships to achieve shared goals.
Integrity - Doing the right thing by always acting with openness, honesty and respect.
Talent Developer - nurtures and supports direct reports, identifies strong team members, develops digital and analytical skills in direct reports
Creates a Supportive and Positive Team Environment - creates and contributes to a positive team environment which encourages innovation, risk taking, and learning; speeds up team learning through sharing best practices; leverages the strengths and opportunities of the broader marketing team
Experience the Difference!
Thank you for your interest in Meridian Credit Union. Please note that due to the volume of applications, only those under consideration will be contacted for an interview.
Meridian is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. Should you require an accommodation, we will partner with you to meet your needs.