Communication Designer full-time
Rive Gauche Media Inc., publishers of trade and consumer magazines such as VIVA magazine and Canadian Jeweller, are looking for a talented graphic designer to help us create eye-catching magazines.
We are looking for the right candidate to share in our passion and grow within the company. This is a challenging position but the successful candidate will be up for that challenge!
The graphic designer will work with the art director to design and develop editorial pages. The graphic designer will also prepare files, images and pages for production during printer deadlines.
The candidate must already be a talented and prolific graphic designer with 3 to 5 years experience, a graphic design diploma and past experience in the publishing industry is an asset.
Primary job responsibilities include:
- Design and Layout pages for both trade and consumer magazines.
- Design pages for approval by Art Director and be able to take direction from Art Director.
- Design secondary marketing material; business cards, letterhead, etc.
- Close-crop and colour correct any provided and stock images.
- Brain-storm ideas with Art Director and design team.
- Work with Art Director and team to get files to printer in efficient manner.
- The preferred candidate will:
- Have 3 to 5 years experience and a graphic design diploma
- Be highly competent with InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, Quark Xpress, Kodak Insite, Word and Excel on a MAC platform.
- A team player and is able to take direction
- Have an understanding of our readers and how to create designs fitting to the magazine.
- Have a knowledge and understanding of fonts and typography
- Ability to work under pressure and in a fast-paced environment.
- Some background of arranging and attending photo shoots is an asset.
- Having worked with stylists, illustrators and photographers is an asset.
- Portfolio websites are also accepted.
- Please do not submit unless requirements are met.
- Absolutely no phone calls regarding the position.