Department: Corporate Communications & Public Affairs
Job Type: Full-time Temporary (Until Approximately June 2016)
In 2014, St. Joseph's Health Centre released its new 5-year strategic plan titled "The St. Joe's Difference: Community". Our strategic priorities of Creating Seamless Transitions of Care; Delivering an Exceptional Experience and Shaping Care through Teaching and Education emphasize the key role we play in community as one partner within a broader network of health. Our strategic success factors include a commitment to our people, the team that comes to work each day to better the lives of each and every patient that trusts us with their care. If you're ready to be part of the future of community health care, then you will want to join an organization that is working with its teams, patients and partners to make our community one of the healthiest in Canada.
An exciting temporary, full-time opportunity as Communication Associate exists, reporting to the Director of Corporate Communications & Public Affairs to help design and implement the next phase of our strategic communications framework.
Come be a part of building our organization's exciting new vision to Advance the Health of Our Community by being Canada's Best Community Teaching Health Centre.
St. Joe's is looking for an experienced, creative and highly-motivated Communications Associate to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for planning, producing and managing internal and external communications and marketing/branding plans for the Health Centre's strategic initiatives and activities. This work will include developing and executing communication strategies and campaigns and writing content for our newsletters, external publications and social media to help raise the profile of St. Joe's, our people and the services we provide.
The Communications Associate will act as an expert advisor to our interprofessional teams and leaders on strategic communication activities and liaise with the appropriate external contacts to foster partnerships. You will work closely with the Director on issues management and crisis communication support for our senior leadership team and media relations opportunities for the organization.
- Oversees media relations for the organization including identifying and coaching hospital spokespeople and coordinating interviews; writing media releases and other external communication documents, leading the department's proactive media relations strategy and monitoring, tracking and reporting of media exposure.
- Proactively identifies and develops issue management briefing documents for the senior leadership team.
- Develops strategic communication and marketing plans that support the organization's corporate priorities. Plan, draft and edit supporting communication material to promote St. Joe's to our corporate stakeholders, including, but not limited to, feature articles, press releases, web content, newsletters and annual reports.
- Assume the online voice of St. Joe's on various social media channels along with keeping well informed of social media trends and leading creative and innovative social media campaigns with the team.
- Plan and coordinate special corporate events that support our 2015-2020 Strategic Plan.
- Coach and advise committee, directors, managers, and project managers on departmental internal and external communications.
- On call duties on a team rotation outside of normal scheduled working hours.
- Degree or diploma in Public Relations or Journalism with a minimum of 4 years related experience.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully developing and implementing communications strategies, public awareness campaigns, corporate communications, media relations and issues management.
- Passion for new and emerging trends in integrated communications.
- Excellent writing, research and editing skills.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented with strong analytical, planning and organizational skills.
- Excellent at multi-tasking.
- Knowledge and experience working with QuarkXPress and Photoshop a must.
- Prepared to work flexible hours, when necessary.
- Satisfactory attendance record.