You are looking for fulfillment? We are looking for you! DanoneWave Canada is a business unit of Danone and operates from its headquarters in Boucherville, Quebec, and Mississauga, Ontario. DanoneWave Canada’s ambition is to produce healthful dairy, plant-based products and coffee creamers and beverages, create economic and social value and nurture natural ecosystems through sustainable agriculture. Its portfolio of brands include Activia, DanActive, Danone, Earthbound Farm, Horizon Organic premium dairy products, International Delight coffee creamers and iced coffee, Oikos Greek yogurt, Silk plant-based foods and beverages, So Delicious Dairy Free, Vega and Wallaby Organic.
We have an excellent opportunity available for an experienced Business Insights & Analytics Marketing Manager to make a difference at DanoneWave Canada! The position can either be based at our offices in Mississauga, or in Boucherville.
The Business Insights & Analytics Manager lies within the Strategy & Insights function. You’ll be working in a high performing team, alongside peers always trying to reach the next level. You’ll be reporting into the Strategy & Insights Lead. The delivery of powerful consumer & shopper understanding from continuous research services (Nielsen Retail Tracking Data and Nielsen Shopper Panel mainly) & broader sources of data to support category, brand and innovation strategies (across the Dairy and Plant-Based categories) will be your primary responsibility.
- Responsible for robust and accurate business insights (category, brand, retailer insights), readily available to meet business needs
- Providing powerful consumer and shopper understanding in the marketing teams which aids business decisions
- Training/Coaching for commercial teams in accessing and interpreting retail tracking data
- Engage cross-functional teams (Marketing, Category Development, Price Optimization) around ideas and actions based on data-driven insights coming from market analytics, primary research on consumers/shoppers or secondary research (external sources such as Mintel, Euromonitor, …)
- Develop strong relationships with agency partners to secure and maintain a high quality service
Experience and Skills:
- A proven ability to turn data into insight and into action, by influencing key stakeholders
- Expertise in understanding the consumer and the shopper through panel and retail tracking data, such as Nielsen/IRI or Kantar
- The ability to build trusted partnerships with both internal managers and our external agency partners
- Ability to present complex issues simply and clearly to large groups and senior audiences
- Passion for putting the consumer and shopper at the heart of our business decisions
- In addition, this role requires the following skills: Strong analytical ability; strong communication skills; strong problem-solving techniques; inquisitive, team player and leader; effective project management
- Experience in business intelligence and data analytics and applying this knowledge to influence business decisions.
- Good knowledge of various marketing research tools (shopper decision trees, U&A, packaging, price elasticity measurement, …).
- Excellent analytical skills
- Accuracy and concision
- Good knowledge of data science, big data integration (e.g. creation of reporting tools and dashboards)
The ideal candidate has the following qualifications:
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Sociology, Statistics or other related disciplines is an asset
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in FMCG insights roles (whether client or agency) is required (market research, strategic consulting, marketing)
- Added asset: fluency in French
Please note that this posting has been written in the masculine form solely to shorten the text. We promote diversity and encourage all people with the skills mentioned in this posting to apply for this position.