Michael Green Architecture is a dynamic young design firm with offices in Vancouver and New York City, with an international reputation for industry-leading innovation. MGA is seeking an outstanding person to join our Vancouver team in the role of Business Development and Marketing Associate. The position reports to Michael and works with our administration team and design team. This position requires someone who is self-directed and independent with strong collaboration skills and approachable demeanor. We are an open studio environment with a social and collaborative team.
- Help lead our business development in concert with Michael and the senior team.
- Contribute to the overall marketing messaging/brand of the firm.
- Coordinate the preparation of proposals, submit and follow up on proposal status.
- Liaise with prospective clients as the point of contact throughout the proposal stage, ensuring clear communications amongst all stakeholders.
- Support the marketing and networking efforts of the whole team, pursuing all project leads and marketing opportunities.
- Coordinate and facilitate website maintenance, social media presence, PR opportunities, and media inquiries.
- Coordinate media requests, lectures and public outreach work.
Located in Vancouver, our ideal candidate is a highly organized, self-motivated team player with the following skills and attributes:
- Exceptional writing skill that is both technical and dynamic.
- Experience in responding to RFP, RFQ and direct assignment proposals, including knowledge of design processes, scopes of work, consultant selection, contracting, and financial submission.
- Professional experience in assessing potential projects (from both technical and financial side) is an asset.
- Self-discipline and confident in a fast paced work environment.
- Understanding of architecture, master planning and/or the art and design world is an asset.
- Diploma or degree in Business, Marketing, Digital Media or a related discipline.
- Business acumen with keen interest and initiatives in sales & marketing.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), time/project management, organization, and presentation skills
- Experience with the Adobe Suite especially InDesign, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Wordpress, and social media outlets.
- Familiarity with HTML, website administration, video-editing an asset.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast paced environment with competing deadlines.
- Strong comfort level on the phone, excellent organization, communication and interpersonal skills, both oral and written, to include networking, group/individual presentations.
- Keen eye for detail.
- In return, MGA offers a competitive salary and benefits package, and the opportunity to grow with our team in a collaborative, open-office environment.
- All applicants should submit examples of writing with CV and references.
- Short listed candidates will be asked to write a short bio of the firm and of Michael.