Founded in 1956, Ebco Industries Ltd. provides Heavy Machining, Heavy Fabrication, Light Metal Precision Machining and Precision Sheet Metal services for various domestic and international markets. These markets include clean and traditional energy, mining, pulp & paper, aerospace and nuclear medicine.
Ebco has one of the largest fabricating and machining facilities in western Canada and some of the largest capacity machinery. The company is comprised of several divisions that contract manufactures heavy to light machined, fabricated and assembled equipment. With all these capabilities under one roof, Ebco can provide faster and more efficient processing for excellent service and cost savings for our customers.
Reporting to the Director of Business Development, the Sales Account Manager will be a key member of the Business Development Team. The incumbent will develop solid, long-term professional relationships with customers, prospects and industry leaders for Ebco. He/she will identify, and pursue new business opportunities and will follow-up with existing customers in an effort to improve service and customer value. The Sales Account Manager will develop/provide short and long term sales forecasts and will assist with development and execution the overall Business Development strategy. The complexity of the role is in understanding the various capabilities within Ebco (i.e. Heavy Machining, Heavy Fabrication, Light Metal Precision Machining and Precision Sheet Metal) and levels of capability and expertise across the main shops and ensuring that customer requirements are accurately communicated back to the business. Specific responsibilities include;
- Identify and evaluate growth/new business opportunities, by performing duties such as attending industry conferences, understanding emerging markets (domestic and international), meeting with current and new customers to discuss growth opportunities.
- Assist with the assessment and ongoing reporting of the company’s market position through the gathering and reporting of market intelligence. This involves identifying and gaining knowledge about customers currently served by the competition and the characteristics of those businesses, developing competitor profiles, developing knowledge around competitor’s capabilities, vulnerabilities, etc. Creates and updates qualitative and quantitative business models of customers.
- Involved in planning and organizing customer events to promote long-term relationships with customers. Expands contact base and promotes Ebco through industry workshops and conference involvements. Proactively prepares industry articles and makes presentations at industry related events.
- Provide guidance and input on strategic direction to meet future markets.
- Other task and projects as assigned by Director.
QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE
The successful candidate will, ideally, possess a minimum of 10 years of business-to-business technical sales experience. Preference will be given to candidates that have had experience in industrial sales (i.e. heavy metal fabricating and machining environments) including a demonstrated sales track record and experience in account management and business development. A strong understanding of the Mining, Petrochemical/ Oil & Gas and/ or Hydro Energy industries needs and related equipment is a definite asset.
Candidates will also have:
- Experience selling services to mining and aggregate, oil, gas and petrochemical, power generation, pulp and paper, aerospace and defense, nuclear energy and nuclear medicine (beneficial but not required).
- Strong understanding of the industrial marketplace and types of clients that would utilize our core competencies and services.
- International experience and/or experience opening up new geographic territories.
- Candidates will have built and implemented a successful sales and marketing plan and know how to build and manage a sales pipeline.
- Straightforward, collaborative, concise and clear communication skills.
- Transparent and open door approach which encourages comfort and ease of transactions.
- Ability to create a pleasant working environment which is both respectful and sets a high bar for performance.
- Demonstrated initiative, creativity and integrity.
- Strong interpersonal skills including ability to listen and influence.
- Results oriented including a proven track record of success in identifying and obtaining new business and a history of delivering superior customer service.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, organizational skills.
- Familiarity with all metal fabricating and machining trades and the ability to read technical drawings.
- Ability to interpret contract and tender documentation requirements.
- Ability to work with limited direction and to function as a team member.
The candidate selected for Sales Account Manager will have outstanding interpersonal skills, with the ability to represent the company in all customer and market situations. She/ He will exhibit natural credibility and be a proven and effective leader. The person must embrace the concept of team play both within the Business Development department and across other functional areas of the company. Finally, the candidate selected must have the highest degree of personal integrity and professional ethics.
The corporate headquarters are located in Richmond, British Columbia, Canada. As the company does sell all around the world, the Sales Account Manager can expect to travel 20 - 30% of the time.