Date: July 30, 2012.
Position Title: Business Development and Marketing Coordinator
Incumbent Name: TBD
Reports to: V.P. of Talent & Organizational Development
TERM of INCUMBENCY: This is a newly created permanent position.
BASIC PURPOSE: To aid the V.P. in developing a portfolio of client relationships.
Business Development & Marketing: (60 percent of activity)
Project & Logistics Management: (30 percent of activity)
Support & Administration: (10 percent of activity)
This position must demonstrate competence in the following:
- Reach out via telephone, e-mail and social media to new business prospects, introducing The Beacon Group, and qualifying potential Leads and Prospects
- Set up introductions and face-to-face meetings for the V.P.
- Manage the business development process of researching (angles & approaches), defining, developing and managing Leads and Prospects.
- Identify decision makers within organizations, pre-qualify Leads and update Customer Relationship Management – CRM database (Salesforce.com) as required.
- Ensure the company’s marketing calendar is up to-date and scheduled campaigns are executed as scheduled.
- Ensure sales meetings are booked and confirmed with clients and prospects.
- Prepare (printing, binding) workshop and sales collateral.
- Continually research competitor offerings & activities from a competitive standpoint.
- Maintains Project Management calendar, customer records and reports.
- Provide weekly new business and activity reporting to VP.
- Small, entrepreneurial, hands-on business
- Maintain contact with prospect and leads at least on a 45 day cycle.
- Achieve a minimum of 8 to 10 face-to-face meeting with potential clients per month.
- Provide an excellent service experience for all clients.
- Organized & Focused:Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities. “Has a Project Management mindset”.
- Relationship Builder:Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with others to achieve the goals of the organization. “Can Do” attitude with a “Sense of humour”
- Communicator:Speaks, listens and writes in a clear and thorough manner using appropriate and effective professional communication tools and techniques. “Personable & Fluent”
- Customer Focused:Anticipates, understands, and responds to the needs of internal and external clients to exceed their expectations. “Outwardly focused & personable”
- Decisive:Assesses situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and makes clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization. “Self Starter”.
- Problem Solver:Assesses problem situations to identify root causes and generate solutions and/or resolve the problem. “Take charge mentality”
- Relentlessly Driven: Wants to succeed and get things done. Understands that Outcomes (Results) are more important than Outputs (Activity). “Energetic & determined”
- Team Player:Works cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness. “Emotionally intelligent”.