The Brand Marketing Manager, Home Electronics is responsible for developing and implementing the division’s marketing strategy. This includes planning and directing development of brand-building, and product marketing programs including advertising, public relations, trade shows, merchandising, consumer promotions, online programs, research, and internal product launch plans. This person is responsible for building a world-class marketing organization through self development and the development of others.
She/he will effectively market the company’s products to defined target segments based on consumer purchase behaviors and an understanding of the demographic and psychographic profiles of targeted consumers. In addition, this individual will ensure all products and all touchpoints to the consumer are consistent with the company’s marketing/messaging strategy and brand and product strategy.
The Brand Marketing Manager will report to the Director of Marketing. The Brand Marketing Manager for Home Electronics has direct line supervision of one direct report.
Work with the local and global senior management team to develop and execute marketing strategies, tactics and plans for the business and ensure they are consistent with the overarching corporate strategy. Develop a marketing plan which is designed to increase revenue opportunities and market share.
- Create a branding strategy that leverages the core strengths of the product while positioning it for future growth and ensure all touchpoints to the consumer properly execute on the company’s brand strategy.
- Direct co-branded marketing programs with customers.
- Define and direct marketing communications strategy.
- Define and direct activities related to advertising, public relations, sponsorships, tradeshows and sales support.
- Direct product launches including marketing messages, product reviews and article placements.
- Manage Advertising, Media, and Research agencies.
- Oversee the development of marketing materials, including brochures, advertising, store posters, packaging, and other relevant materials.
- Direct promotional and sales activities to meet marketing strategy.
- Gather relevant data for customer segments and actively monitor and analyze this data to refine marketing strategy and generate consumer insights.
- Involvement goal setting, performance evaluation and compensation, assignment and training of marketing personnel.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of brand management experience with demonstrated record of positive business results.
- Extensive consumer marketing experience. Specifically in the areas of: targeting; brand strategy and positioning; concept development and testing; marketing plan development, execution and post-analysis; testing, evaluating and advocating breakthrough new marketing programs.
- Prior experience managing and energizing a broad range of advertising, media, promotion and creative agencies.
- Strong relationship management skills, both internal and external, including the ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive inquiries or complaints.
- Strategic capabilities demonstrated through contributions to the company vision and brand; a history of setting strategy and of building and leading an organization of significant size and scale.
- A track record of leading marketing efforts in a customer service-oriented environment.
- Track record of identifying and successfully developing talentHistory of presenting fresh perspective to existing industries and products.
- Strong management capabilities demonstrated through the implementation of company-wide initiatives and implementations within project time lines and budget.
- Strong analytical skills in applying principles of logic or scientific thinking, including advanced mathematical concepts, to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Superior language skills in making effective and persuasive speeches and presentations on controversial or complex topics to senior management.