Overall focus is to add value and work efficiently as a conduit between the principals and the sales department, which services the customer (and ultimately the consumer). The Brand Manager has the responsibility of being the overall 'general manager' for the brands under their area of responsibility. Main accountability is measured in margin dollar delivery, volume delivery, expense control and inventory control. Other qualitative areas of measurement include core principal satisfaction, customer satisfaction and interpersonal relationship development with company associates.
- Three years of progressive consumer packaged goods marketing experience with proven track record of accomplishments and results.
- Personal computer literacy with Microsoft office and presentation (PowerPoint) experience
- Knowledge of a wide spectrum of trade classes including drug, mass, grocery, department stores and gas & convenience
- Post secondary degree or equivalent 3 years work related experience
- Marketing plan development and execution of all elements of the mix which includes overall strategy, positioning, target market, advertising, consumer promotion, trade promotion, channel/account specific marketing, distribution, sales force incentives, merchandising, pricing, packaging, line extensions, research, sales aids, spending and business building.
- Accountable for overall gross margin dollar delivery for specific product division vs. budgeted levels.
- Accountable for overall volume and net sales dollar delivery vs. established marketing plan levels.
- Expense budget control and status reporting including issuing of manufacturer charge backs and collection of same in a timely manner.
- Meeting long-term growth goals of core brands.
- Inventory control to ensure adequate order fill ratios (95%+), lowest possible inventory levels and age.
- Forecast sales demand on a routine basis.
- Customer accountability through the sales department for product issues within area of responsibility. Liaise with sales management to ensure TOL, principal and customer objective fulfillment.
- Development and control of annual fiscal product budgets.
- Explanation of brand performance variance to targets as required by vendors and internal reporting.
- Ensuring that all brand related administrative functions are processed in a timely and cost efficient manner.
- Must maintain good attendance.
- Must maintain safe work practices.
- Maintain safeguards of confidential company information.
- Other duties as assigned.
Additional Skills / Preferred Aptitudes:
- Experience in category management would be a definite asset
- Interest in Ethnic Foods and learning about differenct cultures
- Sales experience in the food industry is a definite asset
- Post secondary degree in marketing preferred
- Previous experience with Cognos and AS400 based systems preferred
- Proven interpersonal and analytical skills.
- Strong leadership qualities
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Strong work ethic
- Proven skill in multi-tasking
- Ability to structure and implement procedures
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- High level of integrity
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is frequently required to sit. Must be able to travel. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is subject to a typical office environment and is rarely exposed to outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.