The purpose of the Brand Manager is to manage the implementation of consumer and commercial business plans to support and grow Diageo Canada’s partner beer and cider brands; Strongbow and Newcastle Brown Ale. Reporting to the Category Director, Beer, the Brand Manager will be responsible for developing and executing all commercial and brand strategies for the brands.
- Manage the implementation of consumer and commercial business plans to support and grow the Strongbow and Newcastle Brown Ale brands.
- Develop national marketing plans to drive growth and brand health.
- Manage the A&P budget, monitoring progress of financial results, and evaluate all ATL and BTL investment and take initiative to course correct or accelerate growth where appropriate.
- Manage the relationship with Heineken Canada's management team.
- Prepare monthly reports for Brand Owner on brand depletions, market share, competitive activity, with recommendations on appropriate actions.
- Develop short and long term strategic plans for assigned brands.
- Build solid awareness of external market trends and developments (consumer, competitor) which informs commercial and operational decisions.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the industry, customers, competitive and regulatory environment.
- Collaborate with each of Diageo Canada’s regions to develop plans and optimize distribution goals for brands.
No direct management responsibility.
Qualifications, Experience & Skills Required:
- 3-5 years CPG marketing experience.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent
- Experience in advertising development, media planning, Point of Sale promotions and familiarity with the on and off-premise channels.
- Commercial understanding of the Canadian Beer market.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software (PowerPoint, Excel, Word).
- Influencing skills.
- Strong organizational, project and time management skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills