Brand Manager full-time
Flora Manufacturing is an established natural health supplement manufacturer and distributor and we are seeking to fill the position of Brand Manager based at our facility in Burnaby, BC.
The Brand Manager plans, develops and directs the marketing efforts for the relevant brands and their other products. The Brand Manager will also be responsible for co-ordinating specific activities in the production, sales, advertising, promotion, research and development, marketing research, purchasing, distribution and packaging.
Scope of this Position:
Sales support, education, marketing, art direction, supervision of copywriting, coordination of the formulation information developed by the Product Development Team for brands in Canada. Must travel within Canada when required.
- Partner with Marketing Leader in development of long term brand growth plans and annual business plans
- Work with external third parties to assess the partnerships and opportunities in Canada
- Be the "thought leader" in the development & execution of brand marketing programs designed to deliver the brand's annual volume & profit commitment. Some types of marketing programs include promotions, public relations, package development, websites & advertising
- Champion new products through development, approval and launch to achieve volume & profit objectives.
- Analysis & interpretation of shipment & depletion trends at the international, national & local levels
- Analysis & interpretation of brand & key competition consumption trends
- Analysis & interpretation of marketplace pricing to develop competitive pricing strategies
- Develop & be accountable for brand's marketing budget
- Manage and conduct the education of customers
- Brief and participate in training the sales force at annual meetings
- Perform other related duties as required
- Natural Health Products industry experience in either a marketing or sales management capacity preferred; additional marketing experience in other/consumer package goods experiences a plus
- 3 years or more of relevant experience
- MBA preferred, but not required
- Experience in copywriting/editing considered an asset
- Superior communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong creative thinker. Ability to think strategically as well as tactically
- Experience in package development and creative point of sale/merchandising materials development, which support brand positioning
- Experience working successfully within a team environment
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Ability to focus on multiple tasks and deadlines, and effectively prioritize and manage them; strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to analyze data, identify opportunities, and develop business plans that significantly build the business
- Strong teamwork skills; ability to take ownership of projects and work with interdepartmental functions to achieve project completion in a smooth and timely manner
- Strong computer skills (Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Must be able to travel within Canada when required
This is a full-time position with a 37.5 hour work week. A comprehensive benefits package will be offered on the successful completion of a three-month probationary period.