Brand Manager full-time
Brookside Foods Ltd. is a premium global confectionery company offering the finest chocolate covered fruit and nut products. Our daily practices and behaviors are guided by the Brookside Beliefs: Quality & Safety, Respect, Profit, Energy & Enthusiasm, and Environment. Headquartered in Abbotsford BC, and operating state-of-the-art manufacturing plants in Abbotsford, BC and St. Hyacinthe QC, the organization is experiencing tremendous change and growth
We are currently looking to add two individuals to our small, yet dynamic marketing team. You will work cross-functionally with other internal departments on the existing brand portfolio as well as developing new products. Reporting to the Director of Marketing, these newly created positions of Brand Manager will play a crucial role in the continued global growth of Brookside Foods.
- Works collaboratively with related departments to manage existing products and new product development with particular focus on packaging/graphic design (including collateral materials, POS) from creative brief to completion; consumer research; web/social media development/design.
- Creates advertising materials and campaigns including presentations to Sales department.
- Prepares creative briefs to external agencies and designers.
- Conducts analyses of the market place to identify growth opportunities, trends, key competition.
- Creates and maintains various sales reports as required.
- Builds strong working relationships with all internal departments and external third party suppliers.
- A degree/diploma in Business or Marketing
- 3+ years of brand management experience in a multi-priority marketing department (consumer packaged goods preferred).
- Motivated self-starter who works with a sense of urgency.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications skills.
- Comfortable and enthusiastic working independently and as a team player in an “open” office concept.
- Demonstrated experience in project management, including working with critical paths.
- Ability to manage changing priorities and multi-task.
- Excellence in execution with strong attention-to-detail in graphic design and proofing.
- Experience with packaging development from creative brief to finished goods.
- Experience in working with web and social media including content management.
- Strong analytical and financial skills.
- Experience working with marketing budgets and AC Nielsen MarketTrack data.
- Knowledge of consumer goods retail market in Canada (US retail experience an asset).
- Proficiency (intermediate-advanced) in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Brookside offers a challenging work environment with opportunities for personal and professional growth, including a competitive compensation package with salary, benefits, and profit share potential.