Permanent Full Time
About Dress for Success®
Dress for Success is an international not-for-profit organization that empowers women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire and the development tools to help women thrive in work and in life. Since starting operations in 1997, Dress for Success has expanded to more than 153 cities in 30 countries and has helped more than one million women work towards self-sufficiency. Dress for Success Toronto is part of a global movement for change. Our vision is a world where women do not live in poverty; are treated with dignity and respect; and are strengthening their families and shaping their communities.
Role and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Brand and Communications Associate will be a creative, team player with a natural ability to convey a compelling narrative about the impact of our work. The candidate will develop, execute, and lead all marketing activities for the Toronto affiliate. Main responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Creation of the event identities, planning, and logistics for the charity’s two annual signature fundraising initiatives
- Assist with key PR campaigns (i.e. International Women’s Day, Giving Tuesday, etc.)
- Creating content for and scheduling email, newsletters, memos and correspondence
- Social media content creation and correspondence
- Coordinate third party event, sponsorship, and donation requests
- Ongoing maintenance of website content, email, donor database, and social media accounts
- Assist with reconciliation of tax receipts, thank-you letters, and other administrative tasks relating to events
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
- Minimum two years professional experience in a marketing or communications-related role
- Post-secondary degree in a related field.
- Exceptional written and oral communications skills
- Superior time-management, project management and organizational skills in order to track key campaign milestones and deliverables
- Ability to think critically and manipulate data to provide insight and results.
- Experience using the Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop and InDesign
- Experience working with external agencies (i.e. Graphic Designers and Public Relations / Media agencies)
- Experience with photography for digital applications as well as social media.
- Knowledge of web applications and social media platforms including Hoot Suite, Bitly, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and WordPress
- Experience in event management, specifically in fundraising and goal driven event campaigns
- Experience managing and monitoring email campaigns (Constant Contact or equivalent, i.e. Mail Chimp or Campaign Monitor)
- Excellent computer skills: MS Office (Outlook/Word/Excel/PowerPoint)
- Exceptional inter personal skills
- Creative problem solver