Wattpad connects people all over the world with stories they love. Our mobile social app enhances the storytelling experience, by connecting creators with their audiences. We’re proudly based in Toronto, but our reach is global. Every month, 45 million people spend over 15 billion minutes on Wattpad to create and discover millions of stories they can’t find anywhere else.
Wattpad is looking for an enthusiastic, engaged B2B Marketing Manager to join our growing Marketing team. Reporting to the Head of Global Marketing, you will work closely with the Brand Solutions team to support all sales, promotions and partnerships. You will create breathtaking collateral (case studies, presentations, etc) that will create a strong first impression for prospective partners. You will also engage in creative marketing to ensure a warm ongoing strategic business relationships. If you have 4 or more years experience in tech or product, and have driven strategy from concept to execution, we want to hear from you!
What you will be doing:
- Develop marketing strategies and creative approach to attract and retain business partnerships
- Develop strategy to build the Wattpad profile among business clients and potential clients through various media, including events, collateral, awards submissions and more
- Manage content and promotional strategy for Wattpad’s B2B digital channels (e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter, and website); determine whether additional channels are required; optimize communication for various stakeholders (e.g. advertising clients in CPG and Entertainment verticals, hollywood studios, publishers, etc.)
- Work closely with Wattpad Studios to develop messaging, content, and collateral for our partners (e.g. TV and film studios, particularly in Hollywood and ideally globally)
- Collaborate with our data and insights team to deliver industry leading insights reports for our highest priority customers
- Be the industry insider for the B2B teams, staying on top of the industry's biggest and most important trends and mining for nuggets of insight to arm our sales team with
What we’re looking for:
- Four or more years in a senior marketing role for an entertainment, technology or start-up company
- Experience with entertainment and CPG in a marketing or advertising capacity
- Experience in identifying, coordinating, and analyzing events strategically relevant to business
- Strong strategic thinking and analytical skills, with the ability to execute on a project/event both conceptually and rock the small details
- Strong presentation / storytelling skills (i.e. able to build great collateral / presentations for both the brand solutions and studios teams)
- You execute with a sense of urgency and can deliver on multiple projects at once
- You love to juggle multiple projects and events and have excellent time-management, prioritization and problem-solving skills; strong sense of urgency
- You have stellar communication skills and are comfortable engaging with clients externally (e.g. finding panelists for industry events, negotiating contracts and setting up partnerships, setting up sponsorships and events within conferences, etc.)
- Extremely strong collaboration skills to enable excellent relationships with both internal and external partners
What we offer:
- Competitive salary & career growth
- Meaningful equity (stock options)
- Health benefits, fully covered on us!
- Transit pass, choice of technology, flexible hours
- A beautiful office in downtown Toronto, with easy access to transit
- And a whole lot more!