Position Type/ Hours
This is a temporary full-time position working thirty-five (35) hours per week for approximately twelve (12) months within the Creative Solutions Branch of the Communications and Stakeholder Relations Department. This position is within the CUPE 1505 Bargaining Unit.
Under general supervision, incumbent works with all municipal departments to lead the administration of the municipal website and the creation of custom applications for both the external internet site and internal intranet.
- Degree in Multimedia, Computing Science, or equivalent is required.
- Minimum three (3) years’ work experience with websites, which includes web developer/designer experience, website content management, project management experience, and experience with various web trend technologies in the communication/public relations field.
- Business/Corporate Communication Certificate, experience compiling management reports and project tracking documents, experience with Visual Studio and SharePoint Designer, experience with relational databases and various operating systems, and public sector experience are assets.
You will possess the following:
- Mastery of industry standard computer hardware and software tools.
- Proven analytical and problem solving skills and solid working knowledge of HTML and CSS functionality and capabilities required.
- Familiarity with e-government and e-learning is required.
- Ability to multi-task and handle competing priorities; and to achieve self-set goals and targets with independent initiative.
- Ability to ask the right questions in order to accurately determine project scope by gathering insight on desired functionality, interface, and usability requirements prior to the development of a product.
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite (i.e. Dreamweaver, Image Ready, Photoshop, and Acrobat Professional) required.
- Demonstrated ability in building and maintaining strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate effectively with non-technical staff and liaise with other members of inter-disciplinary teams.
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to gather and summarize information in order to communicate information to stakeholders.
- Experience in web writing.
- Familiarity with marketing, public relations, and communication principles.
- Proven project management skills and a detail oriented work style, with ability to express ideas with tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrated ability to be creative and flexible in a team environment and work independently in a fast paced environment.
Requisition Number: 004489
Closing Date: August 7, 2015 at 11:59 PM
Pay Level: PL 14
$45.56 (Temporary Rate)
In addition to the rate of pay, we offer other attractive incentives:
-an additional bi-weekly payment of $480 which represents a cost of living allowance
Internal & External (Posted: July 24, 2015 Original CUPE 1505 Closing Date: August 2, 2015)