Laura Ballance Media Group (LBMG), a full service, integrated public relations and advertising agency based in Vancouver, has immediate openings for several key media and public relations positions as we look to grow our multi-faceted team.
Our firm is well known for working with many of Vancouver and Canada’s most dynamic events, and organizations - including Disney on Ice, Monster Jam, the Pacific National Exhibition; the Squamish Valley Music Festival and the Vancouver International Auto Show among others.
Reporting to the Account Manager, the Ad. intern position will be filled by high-energy and driven individuals who must have the ability to manage multiple tasks relating to a variety of client projects and meet deliverables in a dynamic, and ever-changing environment.
No two days are the same at LBMG – our staff do not work a standard 9-5 work week – so flexibility is a must, as is the ability to travel to event sites.
- Assist and provide support to coordinators and manager
- Assist with on-site media activations, including the set up of live remotes and street teams at events (some weekends)
- Assist with reviewing media buy proposals
- Assist with the building of blocking charts, ticket spreadsheets, and promotion summaries
- Assist with the liaison, organization and management of creative for advertising
- Assist with the assembling of final “Wrap” reports and binders for various projects
- Track elements that run throughout advertising and promotions campaigns
- Various administrative tasks as required
- Excellent computer skills, including some or all of: Mac OS platform, Internet, database, Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Working towards a University degree or diploma in Media or Marketing
- Demonstrated experience with social media tools
- Working knowledge of media landscape in Canada
- Demonstrated interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Excellent English skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proven ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize and meet deadlines when faced with multiple requests for action from a variety of sources
- Great people skills, on telephone and in person
- Ability to work flexible hours, and on certain weekends
- Minimum class 5 driver’s license