The NOW Group is looking to hire an Account Manager in our Vancouver head-office to cover a one-year family-leave starting ASAP.
NOW is Canada’s leading full-service advertising agency for progressive causes and social good.
We’re looking for someone with a passion for the causes we work for, a commitment to great client service and a talent for managing complex projects.
You understand the importance of the relationships that have kept us in business for almost 30 years and you have ideas for how to nurture and maintain them. You are obsessed with details and have never met an Excel spreadsheet you didn’t love.
You don’t have to have worked at an ad agency or in political communications but you’ll demonstrate an interest in our constantly changing industry and the political landscape. We’re a close-knit team, with shared values and a common goal. And if you show us you have the right raw material, we can teach you the rest.
It helps if you have a sense of humour about yourself and others. There’s a lot of laughter at NOW and we like it that way.
As an Account Manager you are the direct and lead point of contact between Clients and the NOW internal team. You are expected to consistently provide excellent customer service to accounts, as well as represent client needs and goals to the rest of the team to ensure quality. In addition, the Account Manager should build relationships with clients to encourage new and repeat business opportunities. Your responsibilities include:
- Working directly with Clients and managing projects from beginning to end including
- Organizing meetings and regular check ins – and reporting back to the Client and the team
- Drafting creative briefs and campaign plans
- Organizing internal meetings and working closely with creative and productions teams to stay on top of timelines and keep projects within the defined scope of work and budget
- Estimating creative, production, talent and media expenses and tracking expenses throughout projects to ensure they’re within budget
- Reporting to the partners, providing regular input on all project activity, including status reports on a regular basis
- Managing client and NOW team expectations throughout the campaign and ensuring that client issues are dealt with quickly and effectively, informing the partners of any problems as they arise
- Archiving all assets post-campaign creative, talent, production assets, etc.
- Backing up the production team and admin support as needed
Media planning support and trafficking:
- Working with the media team to request and review media plans for execution and production, as well as presenting media plans to clients
- Trafficking ads for broadcast, print, online, out-of-home, and collateral
- Proven skills to create, maintain and enhance client relationships
- Extremely detail-oriented, great with numbers, and able to manage complicated projects and large budgets
- Motivated, goal-oriented, persistent and a skilled interpersonal communicator
- High level of initiative and works well in a team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Handles stressful situations and deadline pressures well
- Plans and carries out responsibilities with minimal direction
- Demonstrated curiosity about people, problems, systems and public issues
- Technical competence (understand software, hardware, networks, etc)