Calling all Web Specialists! OECM is looking for a Web Specialist in Toronto for a one year contract with possible extension of up to one year. If you are self-motivated, innovative, results-driven and tech savvy, come help us enhance our web presence journey and modernize our customers’ digital experience.
The Web Specialist has an in-depth understanding of the link between the customer value proposition and achieving aggressive business growth targets. Working closely with the Marketing Content Specialist, you are OECM’s “go-to” expert in building and sustaining an effective web presence to enhance our customers’ buying experience, in particular OECM’s Marketplace of Products and Services.
If you are:
- Passionate about managing and enhancing an organization’s web presence
- Experienced in building and fostering the customer’s digital experience
- Able to create an elegant online journey for customers that inspires and attracts their interest in buying products and services to help them achieve value-for- money and operational effectiveness
- Looking for a challenging and exciting career with a broader public sector organization that pushes you to deliver both at the digital presence and business levels
Then this is the opportunity you won’t want to miss!
You are the “Go-to” Web Specialist:
Reporting to the Manager of Marketing and Communications and working closely with the Content Marketing Specialist and subject matter experts in the business, you will ensure landing pages and content are current and aligned with OECM’s brand, new products/services launches and other communication initiatives by integrating digital best practices across all customer channels.
You’re an experienced web specialist professional. Think you’ve got what it takes to join our team and make things happen? Read more about what you will be doing to see if you have what it takes.
Build Superb Relationships with Your Colleagues
- Build and foster superb relationships with OECM’s Supply Management team (subject matter experts) to understand their business needs/requirements in achieving their business targets and translating those needs into a compelling web presence with engaging content to help demonstrate how OECM creates and delivers value for our customers.
- Work closely with Supply Management Managers and content specialists to understand business objectives and create appropriate web solutions
- Develop and design landing pages/new pages, menu items, blocks (within website predesigned style and visual guidelines) to ensure the content is properly structured and web design principles (information architecture, visual hierarchy, images, navigations) are adhered to
- Design/edit online communications templates (images, banners, ads pages layout)
- Manage and maintain OECM’s website (update/post content, troubleshooting, upload, manage customer requests, identify issues and recommend solutions) using Drupal CMS
Web Management and Performance Measurement
- Coordinate and manage website enhancements (new functionality, features, tools) by preparing briefs and gathering/articulating business requirements in coordination with business units; manage the coordination and execution with a “third party” web developer
- Develop website maintenance and content management procedures/policy
- Provide subject matter advice, guidelines on web content production, development and maintenance and compliance, i.e., AODA, SEO principles
- Support development of strategic content planning through introduction of tools, practices
- Develop web site performance metrics and analytics (Google Analytics and Mailchimp), prepare monthly reports
- Manage File Maker for e-mail campaigns and other customer contact management
- Implement and coordinate usage of existing and new web tools (GoToWebinar platform, Mailchimp and others)
- Coordinate website related projects within provided guidelines, i.e. be able consolidate business requirements, analyze, and present recommendations , coordinate execution in- house or with “third” party support)
- Coordinate other projects to support business needs, i.e., conduct training on using digital applications/tools, “Go to Webinar” platform
- Coordinate relationships with third party service providers, e.g., hosting, web development
Have You Got What it takes?
- Degree/Certificate in related field but not limited to web design, digital marketing
- 3+ years’ experience in maintaining websites using Content Management Systems (in particular Drupal)
- Proficient with Adobe Creative Suite , HTML (intermediate and up), Microsoft suite
- Experience with Google Analytics, ability to generate, interpret and present data
- Solid understanding of information architecture within web environment (data organizing, structuring, lay out, categorization,)
- Understanding of SEM and SEO principles, solid knowledge of digital environment trends (social, video, mobile) and their applications in a public sector and/or not-for-profit setting
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communications skills combined with a flair for presenting
- Project management/coordination skills in order to handle several projects at the same time, prioritize and adapt to fast-paced environment
- Self-learner who takes initiative to learn new things and acquire new skills to close gaps
- Exceptional organizational, multi-tasking and prioritizing skills
We thank you for your interest in this role. Only those selected for telephone screening or an interview will be contacted. Those selected for an interview will be required to submit a portfolio of their experience in support of this role.
OECM is an inclusive employer. Accommodation is available under the Ontario Human Rights Code. If you require a disability-related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at email@example.com.