Canadian Wildlife Federation represents over 300,000 supporters that work from coast to coast to maintain something very important — a bright future for Canada’s wildlife.
The Canadian Wildlife Federation believes in conserving Canada’s wildlife and encourages the wise use of our natural resources. We believe in living sustainably for future generations. Canadians should be able to enjoy the outdoors for all it has to offer through gardening, hiking, fishing, canoeing, camping, bird watching, swimming, wildlife photography, and so much more.
Since our inception in 1962, we have worked diligently to foster this Canadian way of life. We deliver programs that encourage people to experience the great outdoors, learn about the wonders of nature and the trials it faces. We also challenge government and industry to improve legislation and practices that negatively impact wildlife and habitat. We conduct and sponsor scientific research to help better understand how we may help wildlife.
INTERACTIVE MEDIA PRODUCTION PROGRAMMER (Web Programmer)
This is a 6 Month Contract (JUNE TO OCTOBER). Successful candidates will have the flexibility to work remotely or in our Ottawa head office.
The Interactive Media Production Programmer will be the lead and/or responsible for the backend development, implementation and delivery of all interactive media – primarily websites, and for ensuring that all interactive media deliverables adhere to quality standards.
- Ensuring proper functionality of all sites;
- Programming or coding all sites or overseeing work;
- Responsible for website(s) architecture, ensuring design maximizes usability and functionality for the intended audience;
- Collaborate with the editor, designer and IT to plan, design, develop and implement effective online presentation for key products and events;
- Develop, code, install, test, debug, and document interactive media applications using appropriate editors;
- Integrate audio, video, flash photo gallery, podcast and other media on the websites;
- Ensure effective integration of web applications with existing databases, operating systems, hardware and software;
- Create HTML templates, setting up e-mail forms for subscriptions, and template modifications and creation using ASP.net;
- Working with clients through Coordinator on all site functionality;
- Running maintenance on all sites;
- Interfacing with database, server and security experts;
- Coding for optimum SEO and accessibility;
- Q+A all site functionality before job delivery;
- Delivering approved project to Coordinator;
- Other duties as required.
- Minimum 2 years’ web programming/developing experience;
- Bachelor’s degree or diploma, preferably majoring in computer sciences;
- Excellent knowledge of web concepts and web development;
- Solid experience managing multiple web projects through development phase;
- Experience with implementation of Content Management System, such as Convio or an open source system such as Drupal or Joomla, and ensure its maintenance and debugging;
- CMS Template design and experience in object-oriented programming (ASP.net, C#) an asset,
- Strong interpersonal skills demonstrating an excellent ability to work within a team environment;
- Ability to multi-task;
- Innovative, creative and excellent problem solving skills;
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate problems and proactively recommend solutions;
- Highly organized with a ‘can-do’ attitude and a high level of initiative; and
- Extremely motivated and enthusiastic.