You will be responsible for producing design components used in digital projects developed on the Marqui* cloud-based CMS to build marketing programs that integrate websites with email campaigns and social media. If you are passionate about digital technologies and are a self-motivated, resourceful problem solver who loves to work in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment, this is the place for you!
*Givex provides “Marqui” – proprietary next generation web content management and email marketing software to help marketers engage their customers and prospects through multiple digital channels. We are dedicated to helping our clients succeed by providing them with great software and exceptional services.
Roles and Responsibilities:
You will join our Digital Production team who works closely with clients to define project scope, create specifications, and design and build professional web solutions which are integrated into Marqui.
- Apply aesthetic treatment to high fidelity wireframes produced by the UI/UX Architect, to create client-ready design experiences for new websites
- Translate specs into wireframes and high quality designs for responsive, cross-browser compatible and accessibility compliant websites optimized for fast load times
- Employ a high level creative expertise in using typography, color, white space, graphical elements, and photographic images to craft visual solutions that increase our technology's ability to help our clients reach their business goals
- Apply new designs to refine and enhance existing websites
- Master an understanding of the Marqui Content Management Software to ensure designs reflect the range of possibilities and flexibility of the software’s templates
- Design reusable templates for websites, emails, landing pages and, from time to time create original graphics for use in digital content
- Relentlessly strive to create designs that load fast without compromising aesthetics, customer engagement, and usability
- Perform some front end coding if necessary
- Follow outlines and briefs from project managers to work on multiple projects of varying sizes in an agile fast paced environment, and adhere to internal production processes
- Stay up-to-date with current design best practices, CSS3 and front end code/scripting capabilities to identify new design approaches that can be used in future projects
- Take responsibility for deliverables and meeting deadlines, ensuring project manager is apprised of project status at all times, and proactively follow-up on all aspects of assignments to ensure deliverables are well accounted for
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Formal education in visual or design arts along with over 5 years' experience in creating effective designs for websites and digital campaigns
- Expert level proficiency using Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks)
- Ability to take feedback and creative direction with objectivity and professionalism, and effectively provide alternative design solutions
- In depth knowledge of responsive design requirements, UI best practices, browser compatibility, email limitations, accessibility compliance, conversion-oriented design
- Organized and meticulous in documentation and file preparation; must have excellent time management skills an exceptionally high level of attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to retain and execute verbally assigned project details as well as following written specifications
- Demonstrate the ability to apply knowledge gained to successive projects and become a more efficient and effective problem solver over time