Ontario Electronic Stewardship (OES) is a not-for-profit industry organization that oversees the responsible reuse and recycling of waste electronics through a program that includes 600 collection sites and numerous other affiliate sites across the province. Each Ontario resident and business is encouraged to safely recycle their end-of-life electronics.
OES is hiring Web Producer to join the team in the Toronto office.
Reporting to the Director, Marketing & Communications, the Web Producer will be the champion for visitor and reader experience and responsibility for two web sites. S/he provides the hands-on leadership required to develop and implement OES’ digital and web communications plans and strategies on a timely basis and within budget. The Web Producer is responsible for external and internal communication activities including social media, webinars, website. She/he prepares technical requirements and materials and works pro-actively and collaboratively with various internal and third party content creators to ensure the site is curated and enhanced to drive traffic, increase readership, and ensure timely dissemination of information and branding consistency on all communications.
The Web Producer is also responsible for the development and monitoring of budgets to support the implementation and achievement of the communication plan.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
The Web Producer develops, manages, and optimizes OES online properties and channels, consistent with OES vision, mission and plans, including the OES corporate website, recycleyourelectronics.ca (public-facing) website, portals and micro sites. S/he works closely with peers, agencies and stakeholders to identify and implement optimal e-marketing and SEO/SEM strategies that drive stakeholder action, experiences and loyalty – then converting those strategies into the programming code that makes them successful.
S/he is the organization’s digital strategy and technical web development expert, ensuring that the web properties and social media platforms align with strategic focus areas, marketing plans, brand strategies and agencies’ campaigns and events. When not updating the web properties based on the digital, best practices and analytics, the Web Producer looks outward to SEO and SEM, ensuring that the sites are optimized for a high ranking and that AdWords are achieving a satisfactory ROI. S/he will also be responsible managing the dialog for online conversations on social media platforms. Working with the hosting provider(s) and OES’ agencies, the Web Producer ensures the organization’s digital footprint is at its best 24/7 for the thousands of Ontarians who visit every week.
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills, experience, and qualifications:
- Strong front- and back-end web development skills
- Diploma or a certificate from an accredited post-secondary education institution in web development or e-marketing.
- 3+ Years in a Web Producer and/or Digital Marketing Role, including experience in SEO and SEM and social media.
- Drupal CMS & enhancing it with JS, CSS, XML, XHTML & HTML.
- Experience in building and managing corporate websites with robust search lookup and inbound capabilities.
- Familiar with campaign and web tracking software such as Omniture or Google Analytics.
- Exposure to the entire online marketing ecosystem including display, affiliate and email marketing.
- Strong project management and organizational skills; able to prioritize, multi-task, and achieve deadlines and objectives while working under pressure.
- Self-starter with a strong proactive streak.
- Ensure quality control of the site, identify and report technical problems that may occur
- Passionate about the digital landscape
- Verbal and written communication skills, preferably in strong English and French Canadian languages, to engage audience, manage dialogue, and to digest a communications need into a technical execution and vice versa.
- AdWords IQ and Google Analytics IQ certification.
- Working knowledge of Photoshop and Enterprise Databases such as Oracle & MSSQL.
- Knowledge of Email ASPs such as Campaign Monitor, Constant Contact, MailChimp.
- Fluency in French.
- Familiarity with Social Media platforms (Facebook pages, Twitter accounts, YouTube channels) to integrate with websites and agency-lead campaigns or events.