Join Canada's largest IT Company as a member of CGI's Consulting team. We are actively recruiting for a leader who will champion our pursuit of new business and relationships in the Telecommunications.
The Delivery Director in the Customer Management sector has the responsibility of ensuring that all applications are deployed on time, within budget and defect free in multiple complex Telecommunications client accounts. In addition the Delivery Director has the responsibility and accountability to ensure that they have a strong understanding of the client’s business, industry trends, organizational trends and customer needs in order to deal with relevant offerings that can be tailored for each individual clients needs.
The general responsibilities are the following:
- You will be responsible for overseeing all projects/engagements for our client
- You will ensure process and procedure compliance by delivery teams.
- You will support the individual engagements with leadership.
- You will support the Solution Delivery Executives and Solution Delivery Managers in the development of solutions for delivery to clients.
- You will be responsible for cultivating new client relationships and new business opportunities with existing and new clients
- You will be responsible to bring thought leadership and drive the practice into new areas of growth for the clients future needs
- Work with Business Development and CGI Marketing to identify new opportunities to grow the practice outside of the telecom sector
Bachelors degree or equivalent in combined education and professional experience
- 8 to 10 years experience in Web Application Development with at least 7 years of Application Management and Support experience
- Strong Customer focus, and proven track record of cultivating new business
- Solid background in successful delivery of Service Level Agreement (SLA) based engagements
- In depth understanding of delivery methodologies, their architectures and use
- Thorough understanding of financial and pricing modeling related to products/solutions
- Thorough understanding of Web Application development, deployment, and support in a Java/JEE and Weblogic environment is a definite asset
- Advanced communication, organizational and time management skills
Required Work Experience:
- Minimum of 15 years of general IT experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a Sr. Leader delivering complex enterprise projects.
Required Level of Education (include certifications):
The ideal candidate should possess a University degree in a related discipline (Computer Science, Marketing, Communications, Business)
The required competencies are the following;
Customer focus: manages customer relationships to maximize business opportunities;
Industry knowledge: Understand key issues related to business and supporting information technology sourcing strategies;
MS Office products: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Project tools;
Excellent written/verbal communications skills;
Other: inspires confidence in technical and delivery capability, adaptable; negotiation skills, works constructively and calmly under stress and pressure
« Must Have » Technical Skills:
(Note : Candidates will be rejected if they do not have these skills)
- Enterprise-class web applications and related technologies
- Portal development and ecommerce development
- Excellent estimation and scheduling skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project applications
- Ability to understand complex architectural, networking, and software construction issues.
- General understanding of techniques used to develop and deploy applications in a J2EE environment
- Nice to Have » Technical Skills:
Other Requirements (e.g. travel, shift work, on-call duty, overtime):
Flexibility = Y
Travel Required = Y (Occasional Montreal, Toronto, possibly out West)
At CGI, we’re a team of builders. We call our employees members because all who join CGI are building their own company - one that has grown to 68,000 professionals located in 40 countries. Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading IT and business process services firm committed to helping clients succeed. We have the global resources, expertise, stability and dedicated professionals needed to achieve results for our clients - and for our members. Come grow with us. Learn more at www.cgi.com.
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.