When you surf online, do you find yourself critiquing a website’s usability and search ability? Do you like finding creative ways to optimize websites for increased customer engagement and satisfaction? Are you excited about the possibility of developing user-centric websites that help Canadian families? Do you long to work on a talented digital media team that values innovation, excellence and teamwork?
The web optimization specialist works alongside marketing specialists, graphic designers and writers to improve usability and engagement on all Focus on the Family Canada websites. As the in-house technical web expert, this individual will troubleshoot functionality defects, create landing pages, track analytics, conduct A/B testing, and speak into the online marketing strategy.
- Monitor websites to detect and troubleshoot functionality defects
- Recommend improvements on existing sites and implementing approved suggestions
- Work with the integrated marketing team to determine the strategy, structure and functional scope of new web properties to ensure maximum impact and engagement
- Liaise with third-party vendors to manage development projects
- Research mobile and social media strategies, trends and best practices; make recommendations based on findings
- 2-5 years of experience in web development, SEO and/or web analytics
- A degree or diploma in computer science or a related field would be considered an asset
- Experience with creating effective landing pages and improving conversion rates
- Software experience in CMS, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Photoshop and MS Office. Experience with Drupal, Google Analytics/Content Experiments and Hubspot would be considered an asset.