Vacancy # 2997
The Web Marketing Project Manager has primary accountability for the development and evolution of web marketing strategies, and the ongoing management and evolution of CSA Group’s web marketing platforms, to support the revenue targets of the Standards’ Division. This individual is tasked to:
- Develop and implement appropriate strategies that support specific revenue targets
- Ensure web marketing platforms are consistently aligned with CSA Group vision, brand, applicable policies & procedures and business objectives
- Ensure information presented across web marketing platforms is up-to-date, consistent and optimized to reflect current best practices
The Web Marketing Manager reports to the Marketing Manager in the Standards Division.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collaborate with organization stakeholders to understand business objectives, develop, build & recommend strategies and corresponding tactics that meet objectives, evaluating results, and course correcting as required. Work with Marketing Manager to develop web media activities budget in support of revenue goals & strategic direction, monitor budget vs. actual expenditures and report on variances.
- Manage the ongoing development, evolution, implementation and maintenance of web marketing platforms, proactively address issues, recommend solutions, and establish & maintain content management, design and navigation best practices. Ensure platforms reflect existing best practices and optimize user experience / response at every opportunity.
- Responsible for identifying additional web marketing resources required to deliver supported strategies and solutions, or to leverage relationships already existing in other divisions to avoid duplicate solutions. Includes vendor sourcing, evaluation and selection. Lead the negotiation, preparation and processing of contracts. Evaluates proposals against business goals, cost and value and recommend on path forward. Project, manage / facilitate as required. Ensure appropriate related training is delivered to staff as required.
- Ensure that web marketing platforms accurately represent corporate brand guidelines, are in accordance with legal requirements, and are maintained in multiple languages as required (French, English, etc.), through extensive collaboration with corporate, global and divisional Marketing teams and other stakeholders.
- Recommend policies & procedures to ensure web marketing platforms are accurate, up-to-date and consistent with respect to content, brand image and navigation. Implement policy changes and manage content review process to ensure content is relevant and meets business needs.
- Actively manage all assigned web marketing assets. Analyze requirements and develop solutions aligned with corporate policy and business objectives to provide optimal technical and creative solutions. Provide support to Global Digital Media team as required. Manage posting / cross-linking of web applications, content tools, vendor relationships, domain names and registrations, etc.
- Research, evaluate and provide recommendations to stakeholders on emerging best practices that will enhance functionality, increase visitor engagement and/or maximize effectiveness of developed strategies.
- Steward the continual, measurable evolution and development of CSA Group web marketing platforms to enhance brand and product awareness, increase customer traffic, revenue, order value, and business goal conversions. Collaborate with stakeholders to develop required business metrics & KPI’s. Provide ongoing validation and iterative improvements using web analytics, report analysis and recommendations with planned, measurable outcomes.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Post Secondary degree in Computer Science, Business Management, Marketing or, related experience.
- 3 + years experience in web marketing / management, web site support / management, project management or marketing. Preference will be given to those with additional experience in managing and/or executing complex web integration projects
- Demonstrated track record of success in implementing web marketing strategies using a variety of online media is essential
- Experience in B2B environment is essential
- Strong knowledge of web design and development principles and best practices
- Strong knowledge of web metrics and tools, such as Google Analytics
- Experience using established ecommerce platforms and/or email deployment utilities
- Must have working knowledge of HTML, communication protocols and familiarity with Content Management tools
- Experience in on and off-page Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and graphic design skills a definite asset
- Ability to understand and address issues around web site hosting and management