Web Intern contract
The Web Intern will work within the David Suzuki Foundation's Creative Services department to support our presence on the web. The Web Intern will help with email layout and social media, and maintain a major website with a diverse Canadian and international audience.
The David Suzuki Foundation works through science and education to protect the diversity of nature and our quality of life, now and for the future. With a goal of achieving sustainability within a generation, DSF collaborates with scientists, business and industry, academia, government and non-governmental organizations. We seek the best research to provide innovative solutions that will help build a clean, competitive economy that does not threaten the natural services that support all life. An independent charity, DSF is supported with the help of some 40,000 individual supporters across Canada and around the world. You can learn more about the Foundation at davidsuzuki.org.
Duration: This is a full time (four days/week) position beginning Monday, April 30th until Thursday, August 30th.
Hours / week: 34 hrs/week (4 days / week)
- Layout and optimize campaign webpages using existing copy
- Layout email newsletters, and guide email testing to improve performance of newsletters
- Adapt publications to webpages
- Source images and create web graphics
- Work web magic
Benefits to the Intern:
- Experience in fast-paced production environment
- Brand management experience, using one of Canada's top brands (David Suzuki)
- Being part of the coordinating team for an award-winning, nationally recognized website
- Opportunity to learn varied web platforms and tools
- Skilled with HTML and CSS
- Web design skills
- Basic image editing with Photoshop
- Basic copyediting skills
- Prefer current student or graduate of a web design and development program (or equivalent courses/experience)
- Knowledge of Adobe After Effects; experience with Movable Type or other CMS; working knowledge of Google Adwords and design, online and social media marketing, working knowledge of server-side development such as with PHP
We welcome your cover letter and resume by March 26th 2012. Your cover letter should explain why you are qualified for this job, outlining both your experience and measurable accounts of your success in communications and marketing. Please articulate your interest and how you meet the role criteria. Applications with an online portfolio or other examples of previous work will be given priority.
We recognize the importance of a diverse workforce and encourage applications from Aboriginal persons, women, members of a visible minority and persons with a disability.