This position is within the TMX Datalinx area of TMX Group and is responsible for working closely with the business areas of the organization, Corporate Communications and IT to maintain and update TMX and TMXmoney website content.
• Responsible for timely and accurate web development, creative design, testing and publication of all web content changes to TMX.com, TMXmoney.com and other related web and mobile sites.
- Also responsible for developing and maintaining static and dynamic web functionality, technical development of web marketing and promotional campaigns, social media components, integration of web analytics, development of creative assets including images, banners, graphics and web schemas.
- Provide guidance for the creation of new content sets.
- Liaising with the web content coordinator and various business area representatives on day-to-day web needs; providing technical and design feedback on requests.
- Assistance with other projects as required.
Must Have Skills:
• Minimum of 2-3 years of web development and creative design experience required.
- University degree or college diploma in programming, web design or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven knowledge of mobile technologies: CSS3, HTML5, XHTML-MP, WML, JQuery Mobile and GWT.
- Strong understanding of cross-browser rendering / performance / API inconsistencies.
- Strong Adobe PhotoShop and Flash experience.
- Experience with FTP and Terminal commands.
- Experience dealing with multi-language multi-locale sites.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); and experience generating Adobe PDFs and optimization of PDFs.
- Understanding of Web Application Development lifecycle and processes.
- Experience with social media platforms including development of Facebook Pages/Applications and Twitter API an asset.
- Some experience with Content Management Systems (including implementations) an asset.
- Working knowledge of Apache Web Server.
- Detail-oriented, flexible self-starter with ability to multi-task, and work independently.
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
- Must be reliable with confidential or sensitive content.
- Able to handle both innovation and set processes in a fast-paced changing environment.
- Ability to work in a team environment with short deadlines.