We believe in a world without Alzheimer's disease and other dementias!
Since 1978, the Alzheimer Society of Canada has been dedicated to improving the quality of life for Canadians living with Alzheimer's disease and other dementias and advancing the search for the cause and cure. And now more than ever, we remain dedicated to our cause. We are the national voice for the 747,000 Canadians living with dementia. Our expertise is in demand and our services support the work of partner Alzheimer Societies across Canada.
If you bring a collaborative spirit with a passion to influence change through excellent information then consider this contract opportunity as our…
Interim Web Editorial Coordinator
You are a gifted editorial communicator with practiced ability to succinctly convey relevant and timely information through the organization’s web-based portals. Working closely with varying levels of marketing, fundraising and administrative professionals, suppliers and vendors, you are adeptly experienced with best web practices and are at ease to identify, recommend and implement site improvements to promote awareness of Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias, and to deliver support to our many audiences. You are known for your expert English language and savvy web writing skills. Your familiarity with the French language enables you to work accurately with bilingual content and you are skilful at handling multiple, concurrent and diverse demands. You are proficient with Sitecore or a comparable content management system, familiar with web-based collaborative platforms and confident using HTML, CSS, graphic design and other key web technologies – all to facilitate the Society’s reach across Canada. This is an opportunity to apply your linguistic strengths together with your technical smarts to an issue that transcends all walks of life, all within an organization that does meaningful work!
- Your knowledge preferably at a post-secondary level in communications or marketing
- Your experience of at least 2 years writing and editing web content; hands-on, day-to-day web logistics, trouble-shooting on technical and non-technical inquiries, coordinating working groups, and effectively responding to and solving concerns to ensure the desired end-user experience is achieved
- Your skills to communicate effectively in English, both orally and in writing, to work comfortably with French copy, to be motivated to acquire and share knowledge of relevant web technology and to be self-sufficient in using PC based productivity tools (MS Office), Sitecore (or equivalent), Sharepoint (or equivalent), HTML, CSS and other key web technologies
- Your familiarity with the non-profit environment
We hope you have:
- A genuine interest in Alzheimer’s disease and the charitable sector
- A passion to build awareness and brand reputation through the written word