1-800-GOT-JUNK?, The World’s Largest Junk Removal Company, is hiring a Web Editor/Copywriter to join our marketing department. We are a vibrant, growing company and we are seeking a talented individual to contribute to thefollowing areas of our business:
- Web content for various channels including but not limited to our public website content & meta data, blog(s) and social media
- Create copy for advertisements, promotional brochures and direct mail pieces
- Marketing/PR video scripts, television commercials and radio ads
- Eblasts, enewsletters, paid search and online ad campaigns
The typical creative process can involve:
- discussing the core message and target audience
- brainstorming visual and copy ideas with other members of the marketing team
- writing and presenting several concepts/options
- overseeing the production phase working with communications, creative and technical teams
The copywriter is accountable for checking that all the content being advertised or communicated is factual and complies with established brand guidelines.
The ideal candidate will:
- be highly creative and imaginative
- have excellent written and interpersonal skills
- demonstrate strong search engine optimization techniques
- have proven experience writing for online communities with a focus on user engagement
- work well in a team environment
- be able to work under pressure
- have an eye for detail
- have an interest in popular culture, emerging digital technologies and new advertising trends and techniques.
More About Us
1-800-GOT-JUNK? is an award-winning company. In 2007 1-800-GOT-JUNK? was honored as the second best workplace in Canada by the Great Place to Work® Institute Canada, a list featured in Canadian Business magazine. For the past three years, BC Business Magazine’s “Best Company To Work For” ranked 1-800-GOT-JUNK? in the top two, and for two of those three years, the company held the number one spot! We are a dynamic, growth-oriented company that has been featured everywhere from Fortune Magazine and The New York Times to Dr. Phil and Oprah!