University of Victoria -> Continuing Studies
Posting Close Date
2 December 2014
Please note that positions will close at 4 p.m. on the closing date.
$47,193.00 - $53,117.00
PEA - Regular
# of Hires Needed
Additional Posting Information
About this Opportunity
Do you have an innate talent for everything web and digital marketing related? Do you believe in creating positive user experiences and delivering creative, innovative and results-driven web and digital marketing solutions? Then you might be the person the Division of Continuing Studies (DCS) is looking for.
The University of Victoria, Division of Continuing Studies (DCS) offers, in conjunction with academic and external partners, a comprehensive portfolio of programs and courses in a range of academic disciplines (Arts & Science, Business & Management, Continuing Studies in Education, Cultural Resource Management, English Language Centre (ELC), Health and Public Relations) using diploma, certificate, degree and other programming models to serve adult, part-time, international and geographically dispersed students. The Division has annual registrations of approximately 15,000 and has approximately 85 administrative staff, 75 ELC teachers, 1100 sessional instructors, 40 part-time cultural assistants, and dozens of volunteers.
This position is responsible for creating positive user experiences and delivering creative and innovative web and digital marketing solutions.
As a key member of DCS’ Division Marketing Services (DMS), and working within the University and DCS frameworks under the direction of the Director, Division Marketing Services, this position develops, implements and contributes to DCS’ web and digital strategies and tactics to support DCS’ recruitment and retention goals and enhance its reputation at the local, provincial, national and international levels. This incumbent will plan and maintain DCS’ presence on the web in collaboration with the DMS team, IT unit and staff from six diverse program areas.
The position reports to the Director, Division Marketing Services and receives direction from the Director as it relates to DCS’ objectives and its overall marketing strategy, objectives and plans. The incumbent is expected to effectively manage the day-to-day workload in order to achieve these objectives.
Education & Experience
Technical certification plus 3-4 years of professional experience conceptualizing, designing, developing and maintaining websites of varying complexities and implementing creative and results-driven digital marketing solutions, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Intermediate, sophisticated (media-neutral) graphic design, UI and UX skills and experience.
- Demonstrated skills, current and advanced practical experience with
- Adobe CS especially Dreamweaver, InDesign, Flash, Photoshop, and Illustrator;
- cross-browser and cross-platform issues (IE, Firefox, Safari, etc.);
- Google products, most particularly Analytics but also Tag Manager, Webmaster Tools and AdWords;
- responsive website design;
- A/B testing;
- implementation of multimedia elements onto websites, including video, animation and Flash, and a good understanding of technical considerations regarding various multimedia formats;
- web content management systems in a corporate environment.
- Practical knowledge of
- a variety of operating systems, solid experience in the Apple environment;
- various social media applications and plug ins;
- web standards and user interface best practices;
- current SEO principles and practices.
- Solid understanding of marketing and customer service concepts and experience in a marketing environment.
- Understanding and knowledge of ASP.NET and PHP programming and database systems as they relate to web sites would be an asset.
Competencies & Personal Attributes
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including ability to interact and build consensus among a wide variety and range of staff.
- Affinity for working in an interactive team environment.
- Ability to explain and present technical concepts to a non-technical audience in a clear, concise and convincing manner.
- Active listening skills and ability to articulate/defend ideas.
- Ability to creatively approach and solve problems.
- Demonstrated project and time management skills. Flexible approach to projects, showing a willingness to adapt as requirements evolve.
- Extremely strong attention to detail and accuracy.