Gowlings is a leading Canadian law firm offering a diverse range of services within business law, advocacy and intellectual property law to help organizations achieve their business objectives. Gowlings has over 750 legal professionals in offices across Canada and in London, Moscow and Beijing.
We are currently seeking a self-motivated, enthusiastic team player to join our Marketing and Business Development Group as a Web & Digital Marketing Specialist.
Reporting to the Marketing Communications Manager, you will be responsible for leading the firm’s digital marketing strategies, and enhancing its activities across a range of digital channels.
The incumbent's responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead, develop and drive digital marketing strategies across a range of channels, including web, social media, blogs, content marketing and email marketing
- Work with members of the Marketing team, internal web developers and external consultants/agencies to implement website best practices in terms of navigation, usability, design, presentation, content, lead generation and SEO
- Develop and implement content and email marketing strategies to build lists, engage audiences, enhance readership and measure effectiveness
- Guide the firm’s social media strategies across platforms such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and YouTube
- Handle and oversee day-to-day requests related to all of the channels above, including website updates, e-newsletter mailings and event invitations, with the assistance of other Marketing team members
- Measure the effectiveness of the firm’s digital strategies through Google Analytics and other measurement tools.
- Support firm digital campaigns as needed, such as online advertising, microsites and mobile marketing.
- Stay current on emerging digital marketing trends and platforms, and apply them proactively
- Three-year diploma/degree in a related field of study
- At least three years of web/digital marketing experience
- Completion of a digital marketing program or equivalent level of training/experience
- Proven understanding of best practices in website design, email marketing, content marketing, search engine optimization, social media and blogging
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, Dreamweaver and WordPress
- Experience with content management systems and digital marketing support tools (e.g, Vuture, Google Analytics, InterAction, etc.)
- Advanced software skills in a PC environment, including Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Strategic, professional, solutions-oriented approach
- Ability to multi-task, adapt quickly to changing priorities and deliver exceptional work in a fast-paced environment