Term: 6 month contract to full time
Role Description and Expectations
As a web developer at SureWerx (located in Coquitlam, BC), your specialty is creativity. You have a yearning and drive to be all things creative and communications related. You thrive in working in a small team, where your contribution will have a direct impact on product campaigns and launches across multiple brands. This means you will have the absolute skill set to apply them to creating the best work for our customers and stakeholders. You will also be responsible for creating and maintaining an online platform(s) for how our customers will interact with us online, as well as deliver measurable results on how the online environment you will build and maintain will support various marketing and sales campaigns. You are responsible for putting together data-driven reports on how online development and online support of campaigns will impact revenue, generate leads and enhance the quality of engagement with our customers, leads and end-users of our products online.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
You will work closely with our project managers, strategists and design team members to develop specifications and make recommendations on the use of new and emerging technologies. Programming, graphic design and database administration are all elements of this position. In order to excel in this role, all projects must be results-driven and goal-oriented.
Skill set requirements:
- Experience with Wordpress and/or Drupal
- Building web development projects in a B2B environment is an asset
- Strong understanding of PHP back-end development
- Knowledge of PHP frameworks (CodeIgniter, Symfony, Yii, Zend, etc) a plus
- Knowledge of SEO and ecommerce platforms a plus
- Knowledge of how to interact with RESTful APIs and formats (JSON, XML) a plus
- Responsive web design implementation and knowledge
- Cross browser and OS compatibility testing
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Over the top attention to detail and organization skills
- Excellent ability to multitask and manage, prioritize and complete multiple projects while meeting tight deadlines
- Creative thinking and passion for all things digital, technology and marketing
- Flexible with overtime hours when required to meet deadlines
- Can effectively manage competing interests, deadlines and multiple projects
- Team player with drive, pride in your work, dedication to get work done well
- College or prof. degree in multimedia integration
- 3-5 years of web development experience in a similar role
- Substantial experience working with Wordpress (or similar technologies and environment).
- Strong knowledge of current and emerging UX/UI standards for mobile and web applications.
- Strong interpersonal communication.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to accept constructive feedback.
- Produce high quality work within tight deadlines.
- Have a creative eye with extreme attention to detail and a passion for typography.
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (e.g., Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign).
- Certificate or Diploma in Interactive design.
- Complete understanding of the responsive design approach.
- Worked with clients or contractors in the past in a freelance environment.
- Strong portfolio demonstrating design excellence and versatility.
- Clear oral and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced skills in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills.
- Work well under pressure.
- Experience meeting multiple deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and with staff & clients in an overall team environment.
- Creative and innovative thinker.
- Positive & Professional.
Examples of projects the Developer will work on
- Setting up websites that are html coded and database driven
- Integrating feeds from social networks
- Custom developing blogs
- Integrating with third-party APIs
- Integrating shopping carts
- Building out responsive layouts
- Developing wireframe mockups to illustrate possible solutions
- CRM integration
- Developing new plugins for WordPress
- Contributing to the build and development of internal web applications to run clients’ internal systems and processes
- Developing documentation for complex systems
Location: Coquitlam, BC
Position Start Date: Immediately
SureWerx (formerly the JET Group) is a national supplier of tool, equipment and safety product lines for the Canadian market. Our products include: abrasives, air tools, hand tools, material handling, lifting equipment and safety apparel and products. We are a privately held, proudly Canadian company recognized as a leader in the wholesale distribution of tools, equipment and safety industry. Our head office located in Coquitlam, B.C. with six branch offices strategically located in the major cities across Canada.